View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 05:44 PM   #191
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
What I'm worried about here is that if we don't have some level of coordination then how are we going to build trust? My gut reaction upon re-reading the rules last night is that we could start to build some level of trust as an alternative to dying alone by pairing up.

We won't get information on a "lynch" since no information is revealed about a person when they are jailed.

Barkeep, do we get to see the players possessions when they are jailed? So would we know if we see a knife on the person that we got a pirate?

Even if this is true, there is only one knife among all the pirates. So our odds of voting to jail that person seem pretty remote in the early going ...

Working a little late tonight, but should be home in another couple of hours for some up-to-the-deadline discussion.

If anyone is interested in coordinating Morning 1 activities let me know and we can work towards that in the thread near the deadline. If not, I'm sure that I can think of something clever on my own ...

Finally, I don't believe that I can take place in the Night 1 vote if I'm using the Camp Out option. I'll double-check that tonight, but if I'm going to miss any vote I would think that Night 1 would be a good time to do this since we will have the least amount of information available. The down side to this seems fairly low, while the upside to this seems high if I'm able to identify a good spot for gold and able to communicate that to the masses.

Pitch your idea more to me. How does it help us build trust? I looked at your idea previously and tossed out some thoughts about it, but the big thing I guess that would make it work or not is if when player B watches player A, they can see player C making an attack on them and identify that player. If you can't do this, what is the advantage to us of pairing up? Sounds more like all you do is telegraph your moves to the pirates, which up till now it seems like they have to at least waste an AP to follow through with.

Im all for looking at possibilities on how to keep our mining camp safe, so sell me more on your idea hoops.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote