View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #160
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2012 (evening)
Histon beat Bishop's Stortford 3-1 in the first leg of the playoffs
Droylsden beat Nuneaton 1-0

May 4, 2012 (afternoon)
Incidentally, Man City has already clinched the Premier title with 2 matches remaining. Chelsea is currently second, 2 pts up on Man U, Tottenham is securely 4th barring a collapse (6 up on Fulham with 2 to play). To this point Blackburn is the only team assured of relegation. To that end, they fired manager Steve Kean today.

May 5, 2012
--- Swansea has been relegated from the English Premier Division
--- Blyth U18s beat Stalybridge 2-0, courtesy of two goals by Lewis Whiteley.
--- Burnley has won the FA Cup, 2-1, over Wolves.

May 6, 2012 (morning)
Heads on chopping blocks aplenty today. Crystal Palace, Leicester, Northampton, Port Vale, Portsmouth, Southend, and MK Dons all dismiss their head man.

May 6, 2012 (afternoon)
Histon advances in the BSBN playoffs with a 4-2 win over Bishop's Stortford, giving them a 7-3 aggregate total
Droylsden advances in the BSBN playoffs with a 2-0 win over Nuneaton, giving them a 3-0 aggregate total.

That's a pretty epic collapse by Nuneaton down the stretch, failing to win any of their last four games (including playoffs) and failing to score a single goal in the post-season.

Bolton has been relegated from the English Premier Division, head man Owen Coyle was dismissed following the match.