View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #192
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

July 7th (morning)
We extend the contract of GK Coach Carl King through next season. We also extend the contract of Coach Dean Harris through next year as well.

July 7th (afternoon)
Blyth (BSBP) at Whitby (Norther Premier Premier) Friendly

Time to start getting in shape & let the guys see something other than the weight room & training field. The lineup looks shockingly similar to what we might open the regular season with if it were tomorrow

GK - Hartley
D: Martin - Jones - Antwi - Sinclair
MF: Slaughter - Matondo - Groves - Vipond
F: Armstrong - Mole
(Available: A cast of thousands)

Halftime - Only a 5-4 shooting edge, only 58% possession as we tailed off toward the latter portion of the half. Rather drab affair so far honestly. Armstrong took a knock just before the half, have to see what that's about, and hope that it's nothing.

Subs: Stamp for Armstrong, Whitely for Slaughter, Janneh for Antwi (Vipond to RCM, Sinclair to DCR, Groves to RD)

49:00 - Vipond intercepts a goal kick at midfield, plays it ahead to Mole, who quickly lays it off to Stamp who shoots from long range ... his low shot from the edge of the arc beats the oncoming keeper (1-0) Hmm ... somebody may be wanting a contract

56:00 - Sub Giddings for Martin, Sawyer for Vipond, Phillips for Matondo
68:00 - Sub Breckin for Groves, Abraham for Sinclair, Aite-Ouakrim for Mole
73:00 - Taylor beats Hartley just inside the post with a shot from outside the arc (1-1)

Fulltime - Eh, not very pretty. 11-6 shots, 61% of poss., just couldn't close.
Sinclair (7.7) was MOM, Stamp (7.2) certainly made an impression with his quick goal. Sawyer's (5.6) missed interception gamble cost us a goal.

More interesting were the observations ass't mgr Fell made. The usual, like Whiteley and Antwi having problems blending into the squad weren't surprising. What I didn't expect was this "Jamie Mole & Paul Matondo appear to have some problems motivating themselves to play for you". Where the heck did that come from?

What I also didn't expect was this "A number of our players appear to have some problems motivating themselves to play with Graeme Armstrong as our captain" Again, where did that come from?

And finally "Both Glen Taylor & Greg Hartley look like they are struggling to cope with the pressure from the interest shown in them" Umm ... what interest would that be? No indications that anyone has approached them nor has anyone approached me about them (they wouldn't have to for Taylor but Hartley is under contract through the end of the year).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-08-2012 at 10:43 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote