View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #73
larrymcg421
Head Coach

September 3

Vauxhall (4-0-3, 8th) vs. Forest Green (4-0-3, 7th)

Jones continues to be a terrific addition. 11 minutes in, he sends a great pass into the penalty area, which Prescott meets and puts past the keeper. Harris gives us some cushion in the 53rd minute with a penalty conversion. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough cushion. We have three players go down with injury in this game and the backups cannot hold on to the lead. Forest Green pull one back in the 59th minute and then equalize in the 87th.

Final: Vauxhall 2, Forest Green 2
Goals: Prescott, Harris
Assists: Jones, Hubbard
Top Three: Prescott 7.1, Jones 6.8, Dey 6.8
Worst: Miller 5.3

September 6

Vauxhall (4-1-3, 9th) vs. Hereford (3-1-4, 16th)

After a frustrating first half where Ricky Miller continued to underperform, I give Russell Fry his first chance at Striker and it pays off almost immediately. In the 46th minute, he heads a cross in the net to give us the 1-0 lead. And that's all we would need. The defense (especially Walker) played really well and preserved the victory.

Final: Vauxhall 1, Hereford 0
Goal: Fry
Assist: Jones
Top Three: Walker 8.5, Fry 7.1, Brown 6.8
Worst: Ellams 6.1

*We will be without injured Joe Tait, who has been playing very well, for a few weeks.

September 10

Vauxhall (5-1-3, 7th) at Kidderminster (6-1-2, 2nd)

Another scoreless affair where Miller disappoints and I send in Fry. Once again, Fry comes through. In the 53rd minute he sends in a cross that Kennedy is able to head through. Unfortunately, we cannot extend the lead and pay for it when our defense misplays a long ball from their keeper and they beat Walker one on one. We do hold on for the draw.

Final: Vauxhall 1, Kidderminster 1
Goal: Kennedy
Assist: Fry
Top Three: Kennedy 7.4, Byrne 7.1, Jones 6.9
Worst: Miller 6.2

September 17

Vauxhall (5-2-3, 7th) vs. Southport (6-1-3, 4th)

Anthony Martin gets called for a foul in the 40th minute and Southport convert the penalty. 5 minutes later, we get a fluke goal when a Jones pass into the box just rolls right by the keeper into the net. We'll take it. The 2nd half is uneventful and we have our 3rd draw in 4 games.

Final: Vauxhall 1, Southport 1
Goal: Jones
Assist: Prescott
Top Three: Jones 7.3, Dey 6.8, Walker 6.7
Worst: Martin 5.3

September 20

Vauxhall (5-3-3, 8th) at Wrexham (8-2-1, 1st)

Facing our toughest test of the season, we we put together a terrific performance. Jones gets us started by scoring straight from a free kick. Then we earn a penalty, which Harris converts to send us to the half up 2-0. There is a slight scare when Wrexham pull one back in the 90th minute, but Hubbard scores 2 minutes later to put it out of reach.

Final: Vauxhall 3, Wrexham 1
Goals: Jones, Harris, Hubbard
Assists: Jones, Khan, Prescott
Top Three: Jones 8.3, Prescott 7.6, Hubbard 7.4
Worst: Byrne 6.5

September 24

Vauxhall (6-3-3, 7th) vs. Eastleigh (6-4-2, 3rd)

Another match against a top league squad. This time we fall behind 1-0 on a corner in the 16th minute. Martin makes up for his stupid penalty against Southport with a powerful free kick to equalize before the half. The second half is uneventful until the end. In the 80th minute, Jones scores another fluke when his cross bounces off the keeper and into the net. Then an attempted long throw-in is intercepted by Clark and Prescott finishes off the play to put the game out of reach.

Final: Vauxhall 3, Eastleigh 1
Goals: Martin, Jones, Prescott
Assists: Hubbard 2
Top Three: Hubbard 7.8, Martin 7.6, Jones 7.5
Worst: Dey 6.3

*An unbeaten month of Vauxhall football puts us in 4th position!

*Ricky Miller has scored 2 goals in 9 appearances, with an average rating of 6.53. I warn him that he'll be demoted if he doesn't turn it around.

*I'm considering signing extremely slow (5 Pace/Acc), but extremely skilled (10+ in almost every non-physical category. If Miller doesn't turn it around soon, I may just do that, even if I have to go well over budget to do so.

*We only have Jones for one more month. That'll be a big hole to fill.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 05-17-2014 at 12:57 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote