View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 01:37 AM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

I can't get over how great Matt Bell has looked so far. Jack Currie is definitely our best player, though I'm not exactly excited about the options behind him. I think next season Luidgi Hoareau will shift back to DM, because Barna Tott is too good at MC to have on the bench, Connor Lyall looked pretty good as an ML, and we have a new MR coming in.

No arguments here whatsoever. A little surprised Gary Kelman got as much support as he did, but no surprise Jack Currie swept pretty much everything.

I cut Kyle Rae. He's 29 years old, is clearly on the downswing, and doesn't really fit our scheme.

Transfer In - MR/DR Dan Avis (16) - From Montrose
His 8 Crossing is the best on the team, and he has 10 Flair, 15 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate with a plethora of double-digit physical attributes. Needs to work on Stamina and Strength and some mental attributes, but I love this kid already. Upgrade over Callum Hill who can now be our right side sub.

Transfer In - ST Kieran Blair (19)
Released by Clyde despite 10 Dribbling, 11 Finishing, 10 Composure and Determination, 15 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Acceleration, and 10 Pace. I love the look of him and he'll supplant Lewis Kinnaird as our #2 striker.

Transfer Out - DM/MC Luidgi Hoareau (20) (French) - To Auchinlek - $5k
There's not a lot of talent in Scotland, so it makes sense that our top guys are going to be snapped up. This may signal a formation change next season. Hurts a little seeing my LLM star across multiple dynasties walk, but I'm happy he's getting money in this universe.

Club Prestige
Celtic, Hearts, Rangers are still the unquestioned Top 3 in Scotland - all at 3.5*. We leapfrog to the top of the Amateur Division One rankings.

$225 comes our way thanks to the Caledonian Cup participation. Hopefully we do way better than the quarterfinals this year.

Transfer Out - ML/MC/AMC Connor Lyall (19) - To Buckie Thistle - Non-Contract
Welp, that hurts our chances of the 4-1-3-1-1 DM formation. The only one left on the squad who can play ML is Gordon Shearer, who didn't impress in his bench stints last year.

Transfer Out - GK Lucas Birnstingl (26) (Canadian-Scottish) - To BSC Glasglow - Non-Contract
The great thing about being near Glasglow - we can more easily convince neglected players on more prestigious teams to join us. The bad thing about being near Glasglow - it's much easier for us to get raided. So we'll be looking for another keeper, though Ken McBrearty *did* look good in his starts last season. Funny thing about Birnstingl - my staff actually considered him our best player, though I didn't agree with that assessment.

Staff is recommending 4-3-3 Narrow, flat 4-4-2, and 4-1-3-2 DM as best formations. Not gonna lie - I kinda like that 4-3-3 Narrow and we still have our other formations to fall back on.

Transfer In - GK Iain Campbell (16) - From Montrose
13 Handling, 12 Reflexes, 10 Agility. I'm quietly intrigued by this kid and think he can be groomed into a star keeper for us. Just our usual poaching of lesser talent from higher ranked clubs, and Montrose is a club we go to a lot.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Stevie O'Donnell (16) - From Albion Rovers
I'm developing a preference for players with Flair, and this kid has a drool-worthy 18!. 12 Passing, 13 Decisions and Work Rate. Not the greatest physical prospect, but that's okay.

Transfer Out - ST Jack Currie (20) - To Bo'Ness - $5k
I suppose it was too much to hope for to keep our top guy. Granted, I love shopping for strikers, but this hurts.

Transfer In - DM/MC/AMC Hugh Leslie (16) - From East Fife
10 Passing and Flair, 14 Determination and Acceleration, 12 Pace. Not a fan of this kid bitching about preseason being too early, but the checks off the Flair/Acceleration/Pace triad I prefer from my midfielders and attackers, and is determined besides.

Transfer Out - MLR Gordon Shearer (16) - To Stoneyburn - Non-Contract
Eh, whatever. I didn't like this kid anyway.

Belgium wins the Euro Championship, beating England 4-3 and snapping Spain's two-time champion streak as they beat Espana in the Quarterfinals in one of the biggest upsets of the competition.

People keep trying to poach the young talent I *just* signed. Remember that happened last season too. I signed a guy and like a week later, he headed off somewhere else.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote