View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #719
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Are you ready to get this party started?

I selected Animal Kinship as one of my disciplines. I held off using it N1 hoping for better information to make use of it since it was a one-time scan. I used it N2 and my choice of scan was PACKERFANATIC for a few reasons:

1. D1 shortly after DT had 3 votes, PF had a second vote on mckerney, around when I would expect Agents to be scrambling a bit to get another candidate up.

2. D2 he had an early vote on me because he wanted to vote the DV voters as was being suggested. He never mentioned the main reasons why I would think someone would've wanted to vote me yesterday (basically everything hoops laid out against me at the end of the day). He never moved his vote or posted again the rest of the day, seemingly satisfied to stay under the radar.

3. He had been out of the conversation, so I figured there was little chance anyone else would scan him and we would avoid potential scanning overlaps (that certainly seemed to be a good move if you believe what happened with CF / Bug).

Result? Jackpot. PackerFanatic is an Agent. In case you were curious, the animals reported he uses gnadurn sap to poison his weapons, which is a substance only used by Agents of the Darklord.

I waited to reveal because if I had come out with this immediately, we would've had a runaway on PF or maybe a split vote between he and I depending on if people trusted my scan or not, and we would've missed out on more useful voting info and posts to glean from today, especially PF's vote and his posts without him realizing I was on to him (unless PF has Tracking, but even then he and his cohorts might've guessed I had Sixth Sense since I didn't come out against him immediately). I figured worst case scenario, you don't believe me and lynch me, then find out I'm telilng the truth, and lynch PF tomorrow in a runaway (or try to have someone with Weaponskill kill him), and we're back where we would've been if I had come right out and revealed the info except we would have the additional information from the day of voting, including from PF to potentially help lead us to the remaining wolves.

P.S. hoops, thanks for unvoting me last night, I was literally a minute away from revealing I had Animal Kinship, had the post typed up and ready to go, but when you unvoted me I decided to take a chance and wait, hoping I wouldn't get other votes.

Unvote dwardzala
Vote PackerFanatic
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote