View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #282
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
EF wouldn't come back as the dragon based on book lore. All Aes Sedai are female while the Dragon is male.

Rereading the game set and this is how I read it as well.

Question on the female and male channelers. Am I correct in thinking that the 4 factions are made up of some combination of female and male channelers? I.e. the Aes Sedai are female channelers while the male channelers are in the other factions? Femail channelers have their power consistently while the male channelers have a one time use or something like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The World of the Wheel of Time

Channeling

In this world there are some who have been gifted, or cursed, with the ability to touch the One Source, that power that turns the Wheel of Time and creates all things. Those with this ability can do amazing and unbelievable things. For that they are admired, feared or shunned. The act of weaving the power of the One Source is known as Channeling, and it comes in two distinct varieties.

Female Channelers - Women who can channel touch the female half of the Source, known as Saidar. Any woman with this ability is brought to the White Tower where she learns to use it in the service of the Aes Sedai. These women are the ones who have held back the influence of the Shadow for thousands of years.

Male Channelers - Men who channel touch a separate half of the Source, called Saidin. However, when the Dark One was sealed away he tainted Saidin, so that no man can channel for long without being driven insane. They are a true threat to the world, having Broken it once before. But it is assumed that when the Dragon returns, he will be a channeler, as have been many of the false Dragons in the past. Without the ability to channel will he able to face the Dark One? With it will he go insane and destroy the world before he saves it?