View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Which Idea Sounds Better For My Game (Up Next)?

Hey WWers,

I am running the next big game after BK's Spawn game ends, and I have been bouncing around two ideas for weeks. I decided to throw the concepts out there, and see which one would interest people more. Poll included, not public.

Game Concept #1

You're Congress. That's right, Congress. Three factions--Democrats, Republicans and the new Wolf party. There will be a President, elections to worry about, game-related bills to pass--oh, yeah, and root out the wolves and make sure you end up controlling the country over the other party.

It no doubt sounds complicated, but the decisions themselves will be pretty self-explanatory--you just have to measure the impact they will have. It is essentially a two good-team faction WW game housed in a government concept. Thought it would be apropos for the election year.

Game Concept #2

Ever seen that old Star Trek episode where the Enterprise is linked to an alter-universe where all the main characters are evil and you can only tell them apart because they all have goatees? Based on that, although I haven't decided if I will actually use the Star Trek universe.

Basically, there will be two threads, one for each dimension. Each will have wolves and villagers. And when you die in one, you are reincarnated in the other. If you die in both, you die (period). The only guarantee in the switch is that whatever role you were in the first one will not be available in the second one.

So two threads at once, like two small games running concurrently. And it's double elimination. But twice as many kills, too, so it should only last a day or so longer than a usual game.

So there you go. What sounds better?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote