View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #20910
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Along these lines, I gave money to my daughter's former college softball program, as well as minor donations to a couple of her friends/former teammates' teams. The amount of emails and regular mail I continue to get is ridiculous - and no "unsubscribe" options on the emails that I can find. Apparently schools are exempt from those rules? Pisses me off. I'll be getting UTM softball fundraising requests until I die or change my email address.

Not exempt, but rather taking advantage to a previously established relationship. That seems to be the workaround for a lot of spam of that sort, the problem is that it's difficult to ever break those ties.

(It's the reason all those "Win A 3-Day Vacation" contest boxes are at the register of the Chinese resaurant/ BBQ joint / etc. Once you do that, the relationship is established and they can assign it (i.e. sell you on) however they see fit )