View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #33
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Ben, is it OK to use these initial players, or have you found that they are much better than the players generated later in the game? I'm running a test sim with this league but I deleted the league history and had a redraft starting in 2001. I thought I remembered reading something over at the OOTP boards that concerned you about the first players, and you recommended deleting the first 25 years of history or something like that. Is that under control now?
This league is actually 50 years old, as I had originally mentioned doing. I ran it from 1950 to 1975 and deleted everything from that era when offense was significantly higher. (I tested a good bit and found that things stabilize after roughly 25 years when the league consists completely of new players.) Then I ran it from 1976 to 2000 to give the pre-history that you see. So, every record that has already set should be breakable, if you choose to keep that history. I personally like having it as it gives a broader base of knowledge about a player for free agency and trade talks.

But point being, the league is "cleansed," shall we say, so there should be no fluctations beyond that which you'd normally see with a league that uses the same settings for 100 seasons.