View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #45
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So this is pretty cool, although probably just a coincidence...the guy I mentioned above who lead the NABA in my sim in both HRs and Hits played until he was 44. In his last year, he hit .310 with 16 HRs in 350 ABs between 2 teams. So I thought, age aside, perhaps he shouldn't have retired. And then I looked at his transactions - at the deadline he was traded from the last-place Georgia team to the 1st place OK City team, where he won the World Series (he hit .341 for OKC after the trade). Then he retired. Maybe a coincidence, but nice to see that the trade system worked pretty well and it looks like, at his age, he decided to retire after getting a ring, even though he probably could have continued playing. Not sure the game factors in that kind of thing in determining whether to retire, though. Does it?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-10-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote