View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #195
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Maybe it was anticipation of things to come, but I thought the pilot drug a bit. In fact, most of the people I talk to shared the opinion that it was slow in a few places. There's a lot of exposition in a novel I just don't care about when it gets adapted to the screen (see the drawn-out "is it finally over" ending to Return of the King with all the fading to black). I fully admit that it could have been my wanting to "get to the good part", though.

I couldn't disagree more about Cat. I always felt her sense of duty was one of the pillars of her character in the beginning and that's why she urges Ned to go with Robert in the novels. Her sense of duty is constantly at war with love and fear for her family throughout her storyline. I think by taking that strong early position away, they crippled her character arc. Ah well, such is life. Not enough screen time for all of it.

Don't think I need spoilers since I didn't reveal any plot points (except the fact that Cat does in fact have a story)...

Last edited by Aylmar : 04-22-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Aylmar is offline   Reply With Quote