View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #257
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update

I often struggle with regards to how much information to post out side of swimming. For the most part I've kept to swimming and swimming related facts, but I'm not sure if I should expand some of the posts to include items that will help you get a more deep understanding of my kids and their personalities...The reason I stated this is:

I know I've mentioned several times in this thread that Brett is a very intelligent kid. Just to give you some background. Brett is in 7th grade (would be in 6th if I had my way), and he recently scored in the 99.5 percentile in a standardized test for problem solving. That earned him the right to enter the Duke University Tip program, which we took advantage of. One of the items that program provides is the right to take the ACT or SAT test, so we signed Brett up. We didn't stress it, and we only decided to use to test as a way to gauge his performance and to identify what he'll need to focus on moving forward. He did no pretest training or practice tests and he scored:

Verbal - 420
Math - 470
Writting - 390

Total - 1280
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote