View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #6
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Not that I expect any of our players to want to be redshirted, as I would think being all 5 star recruits, they would get valuable time on the floor as a frosh, but I'm going to go through like I did in the last one, and let you guys know where your player stands on the depth chart before training camps and redshirts are decided, which will be chosen by the computer AI for each team. Then I'll run training camps, let you know where your player is after training camps, and in the off case the computer AI decided to redshirt him. Then I won't save after training camp so you guys can decide whether to redshirt your player or not.

Before Training Camp, No Redshirts Decided

C Jace Hunter- 8th on depth chart.
SF Rob Nielsen- 10th on depth chart (ok, maybe I was wrong about some of our players redshirting).
PG Dean Hoo- 9th on depth chart.
PF Tim Sheppard- Yikes! 14th on depth chart.
SG Al Mighty- Starting SF
PG David Ginsberg- 9th on depth chart.

I guess it makes sense some of these guys would be low on the depth chart, some of these teams have incredible talent, and our recruits have upperclassmen in front of them.

After Training Camp- CPU Decides Redshirts

C Jace Hunter- Nothing has changed for Jace, has he is still projected to 8th on the depth chart. He's got another post player in front of him, so it's questionable how much PT he would get. What do you think Travis?
Redshirt or no?

SF Rob Nielsen- Rob is still 9th on the depth chart, but he is expected to get a fair amount of time off the bench. What do you think Coffee Warlord?

PG Dean Hoo- Dean Is still 7th on the depth chart, and is actually the first guard projected to come off the bench. Unfortunately, the 2 starters in front of him on the perimeter will play a lot of minutes, so it's hard to say. What do you think law90026?

PF Tim Sheppard- Tim looks like a definite redshirt candidate for this season, as he is projected 12th on the depth chart, and probably won't play much at all. I know what I would do if I were Tim, but It's up to you rjolley.

SG Al Mighty- Nothing has changed for Al, as he is still projected to be the Longhorns' starting SF. I definitely wouldn't redshirt him, but it's your call thealmighty.

PG David Ginsberg- David is projected 8th on the depth chart. He's in the same position as a lot of our recruits, pretty borderline. What do you think DavidCorperial?

Keep in mind before you guys jump into a decision about redshirting or not. Players that get more minutes have more of a chance to get their stats, which in turn would earn them more fantasy points. In a way, it's kind of a friendly competition among FOFCers to see which FOFC recruit does the best overall. It'll be ranked by class on a weekly, monthly, yearly, and career basis. So keep that in consideration.

I'm also considering some kind of prize (although I have no clue what it would be) for the top 3 players overall in this dynasty. Probably not gonna do it, but it's a thought.

For now though, I'll put this on hold until our 6 players have made a decision on playing or redshirting, and I still have to figure out the fantasy point system. If anybody has any ideas, let me know, as I'm struggling with it a bit.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote