View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, we have a crop of quarterbacks who look to have a little promise, and we have a mishmash of players who will either contribute via their modest skills (here and there) or through their chemistry (profile on that coming soon). A +6 training camp is pretty good for Wesley Montgomery, and we will slot him as our #1 option and hope to see him eventually get that overall rating up north of 40 or so. His best skills (not saying much) right now are in third down passing and timing, so he might do well in a run-first offense, which I definitely expect we will be committing to.

And yes – I invested a lot into chemistry for this team – we’re going to have to have something on our side, it surely won’t be talent. So here’s the snapshot of my team’s affinity structure, as we are down to 54 players and ready for the preseason games:

Code:
Front Office Football 2007 Golden Hill Hoplites Roster, Attitude Advisory Player # Pos Start Noted Playing Time Chemistry Baker, Lamont 2 QB Content 3 Affinities with lead Montgomery, Wesley 9 QB Content 3 Affinities with lead Mirer, Herman 5 QB Content 3 Affinities with lead Mahoney, Kurt 1 QB Content Greene, Jose 20 RB Content Affinity Bush, Leland 22 RB Content Affinity McDonald, Daniel 43 RB Content Affinity Fling, Jack 44 RB Content Rivera, Devin 42 FB Content Backfield Leader Oliver, A.J. 40 FB Content Mild Affinity Snee, Lorenzo 88 TE Content Exceptional Affinity Clancy, Marty 82 TE Content Mild Affinity Reynolds, Leon 81 TE Content Rivera, Darryl 86 FL Content Receivers Leader Ramsey, Lawrence 80 FL Content Okobi, William 89 FL Content Stevenson, Glenn 83 SE Content Affinity Turnbull, Preston 15 SE Content Crawford, Luke 59 C Content Exceptional Affinity Wolfe, Randy 50 C Content Halama, Harvey 53 LG Content Hanks, Lionel 62 LG Content Crawford, Bucky 66 RG Content Mild Affinity Sheldon, Jim 73 RG Content McDaniel, Roy 79 LT Content Offensive Line Leader Banks, Arnold 68 LT Content Strong Affinity Perry, Mickey 64 LT Content Melchior, Timothy 65 RT Content Clayton, Robert 14 P Content Bass, Joel 4 K Content Samuels, Winfred 97 LDE Content Defensive Front Leader Wilkins, Daniel 74 LDE Content Exceptional Affinity Malcomson, Willie 95 RDE Content Perry, Ike 96 RDE Content Brody, Darrell 78 NT Content Affinity Nomellini, Bucky 90 NT Content Fenno, Zach 92 NT Content Swift, Zack 93 SILB Content Mild Affinity Coleman, Rico 54 SILB Content O'Neal, Emmitt 98 WILB Content Malchow, Gilbert 67 WILB Content Houston, Toby 51 SLB Content Mild Affinity Sudano, Vinny 94 WLB Content Exceptional Affinity Barton, Leo 25 WLB Content Strong Affinity Campbell, Lorenzo 91 WLB Content Buchanan, Jonathan 24 LCB Content Secondary Leader Gottschalk, Korey 34 LCB Content Exceptional Affinity Martins, Johnnie 23 LCB Content Mild Affinity Hartwell, Max 21 RCB Content Exceptional Affinity Newhart, Leonard 29 RCB Content Mild Affinity Inzinna, Seth 27 SS Content Gomez, Trevor 30 SS Content Nichols, Terrance 47 FS Content Affinity Weaver, Dwight 41 FS Content

My guiding principle was basically that a player had to show me enough in training camp that he would be a major contributor, or else he would get cut without having an affinity. I selected my position leaders pretty carefully, finding two guys on offense named Devin and Darryl Rivera, both of whom are strong leadership types, and who have been “split up” to play WR and FB for this team, being leaders at both position groups. I love that – plus, they are themselves in the same affinity group, making it fairly easy for them to mesh with my three QBs who link up with them via chemistry.

My thinking is probably to use a couple of our running backs (namely Leland Bush and converted CB Daniel McDonald as “slot back” types – and to try to use their versatility in both RB and WR positions. We are not deep at true WR, I realize, so we will need everyone we can get in the mix. I am thinking that Jose Greene, with his +2 camp and creeper ratings profile, will start out with the #1 RB job, but I have Jack Fling in the mix as a solid fallback as well.

On defense, I am going with a 3-4 front – which has really never served me very well. I just don’t have a ton of talent along the DL on this team, and think if there ever was a team that suited a 3-4, it might be this one. We will pin LB Lorenzo Campbell into a full-time pass rushing job, and will try to use a nickel package frequently to get a slightly more talented lineup out there fairly often. My gameplan will be to send out 5 DBs fairly often, but not to play the aggressive pass formations (3-deep and 4-deep zones very much). Hopefully, we have just enough skill on defense to make this…umm…passable.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote