View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #18
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Offseason 2014/15

The contracts of all the members of my backroom staff expired on 31 December. I'd already decided to offer new deals to our physio, Shane McNally, and our fitness coach, Richard Shanahan. They're both excellent at their specialties: Shane has a 17 rating for Physiotherapy and Richard a 16 for Fitness Coaching.

I drew on my manager's Dutch roots to fill three other staff positions. I had no real problem with Ronan Smith's performance as my assistant, but when I saw Dennis de Jonge might be interested in joining us, I couldn't resist. Look at his attributes!

I made Dennis an offer, and to my delight, he accepted. I'm not sure how long we can keep a coach of his ability, but it will be fun while it lasts.

Pepijn Cairo is joining the team as a general coach. He's a very good defensive coach and provides solid guidance on the mental aspects of the game. He's also good with younger players.

Our third Dutch import is head scout Wouter Beentjes. He's young (30), hard-working, and very astute for his age. He also prefers the 4-1-2-3 DM Wide formation we play at Galway United.

And, finally, I think I discovered a real hidden gem in our new Head of Youth Development, Ole Morten Reinum. He played 42 times for Norway, and he's familiar with the entire Nordic area. I'm wondering if his connections will give us the opportunity to find some players from his part of the world. Best of all, he has a Model Professional personality.

I suppose there might be some people out there who think I should fill my staff with Irishmen, but the qualifications of my new colleagues speak for themselves in any language--be it Dutch, Norwegian, or English.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote