View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #23
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

2 April 2015

We've had two wins, a draw, and a loss in our first four matches in the Premier Division. That puts us in fifth, behind Derry City on goal difference. I'm not the least bit disappointed with that. Our fellow promoted club, Cobh Ramblers, have played three games and lost three, scoring one goal and conceding seven. It could be a lot worse for us.

Oddly enough, we played Bohemians twice before we played anyone else. We opened our league campaign there, and came back after the weekend to face them in a League Cup tie. Not surprisingly, both Chris Doyle and I chose to play our backups in the Cup, and ours got the better of theirs, just as our first teamers did.

We played quite well against a strong Dundalk side, but we didn't take full advantage of our chances. If there's such a thing as a good two-nil loss, this would be it.

Did you notice that all four of the outfield players we have on loan have scored already? I think it's also interesting that Declan Nolan's goal is the only one scored by a center forward. I'm not sure if that's a problem, or not.

Kieron Russell was spectacular in both our victories, and very solid in our other matches. That combination was good enough to earn him the league's monthly honor.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote