View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 09:56 PM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Other Week 1 News:

Florida State beat Nebraska 38-31 in a close game.

Reggie Bush was named player of the week. There were only 2 games this week, but still it's nice

No players got in trouble!

Hinds is expected to be fully recovered for our next game.

Time to review the early info on our recruits (in no particular order):

G Earl Jackson - He was on campus for an unofficial visit for our game against SDSU. He tells us that he was very impressed. However, we are 6th on his list! We are behind Arizona State, Utah, Cal, UCLA (GRRR!) and Air Force!?! I don't really need a Guard at this point so he will only get a bit of our time (4%)

WR Jermaine Gibson - He loces our location as we are close enough to Colorado to visit. We are 6th on his list too. We are behind Nebraska, Arizona State, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Cal. I really want this Speedy WR and I'm going to put some time into recruiting him, at least 10% of my time.

HB Ross Harris - This HB tells me that all of his friends are telling him to come here because we are the best team in the nation. We are 2nd on his list behind only Georgia. I WANT this speedy HB. I'm putting 15% of my time towards him for now.

WR Nick Burton - This lanky WR has great hands to go with height and speed. We are 6th on his list behind Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. I decide to devote 10% of my time towards him for now.

DE Travis Hamilton - This DE from Louisiana had an unofficial visit with us and loved it. We are 1st on his list, but his home school of LSU is 2nd on the list. I decide to devote 15% of my time to try to wrap him up.

CB Brian Hall - This 6'4 shut down corner is heavily favoring Cal. Arizona State, Texas, Utah, and UCLA are all ahead of us I allot 5% of my time towards him as I think he is probably a lost cause.

CB Carlos Marshall - This 5'11 CB is faster and he has us 3rd on his list behind Ohio State and Virgina. I put 15% of my time towards him.

QB Micah Johnson - This QB feels that our passing system doesn't suit him. We are 6th on his list behind Virginia Tech, Virginia, Ohio State. Pittsburgh, and Marshall. I only put 3% towards him.

TE Jerome Ward - This TE was impressed by our win over SDsu but has us 5th on his list behind Georgia, Miami, Florida State, and Florida. He is from Florida and doesn't seem keen on coming out west. I don't invest any more time in him.

FS Garrett Howard - This FS from Michigan is heavily favoring Michigan. I'm 6th on his list and I'm not going to waste any more time on him.

MLB Reggie Wheeler - This MLB from Louisiana (pipeline state) loved what he saw against SDSU. We are the early heavy favorites. Flordia State and LSU are 2nd and 3rd. I spend 15% of my time with him.

FB Famian Davis - This FB from illinois has us 4th on his list behind Georgia, Michigan, and Tennessee. I put my remaining 8% towards him.

We don't have any games this week, so I hit the recruiting trail while keeping an eye on the scoreboards.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote