View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Note: I lowered my running blocking to 25.

We received the ball first. They stuffed us on our first two runs, but then we completed a 10 yard pass to Jarrett on a curl for the first. A 8 yard run by Bush was followed by a 48 yard run in which he broke two tackles, then juked the FS before running up the sideline. Once he breaks free, no one is catching him. 7-0 game.

On their first drive, the option chewed me up for about 20 yards before Bing hit their QB hard on a QB keeper and caused a fumble. We proceeded to run the ball 51 yards in 5 plays for a TD to make it 14-0.

On their second drive, they ran three successful options plays before trying their first pass. Unfortunately, their keeper was sacked fumbled the ball and my DE Schweiger picked it up. However, he was tackled just before he hit the endzone and he fumbled it! Their RB recovered it in the endzone and we tackled him for a bizarre safety to make it 16-0.

The next drive we drove it down the field via the passing game before handing it to Bush on a 15 yard draw TD run to make it 23-0. Bush had over 100 yards and 3 TD's with 2 minutes to go in the 1st quarter.

They've been using their FB all game as the primary HB, and he made a few good plays before finally fumbling the ball on the 5th run in this drive. We moved the ball down the field, but Jarrett dropped a 3rd and 5 pass completion to force us to try the field goal. Danelo hit a 40 yarder to make it 26-0 just before the end of the first quarter.

End of 1st quarter: 23-0 lead for us.

The second quarter was mostly a boring affair with their offense being almost completely inept due to the poor blocking of the offensive line. Their superstar FB had a few positive runs, but ultimately they can't sustain a drive.

Interestingly, they are stacking the box with 8 men quite a bit. As a result, they are holding our running game. Furthermore, they are blitzing and they force us to settle for FG's on our first two drives.

Finally towards the end of the 2nd quarter we put together a good drive with the key plays being a screen to Bush that he took for 26 yards before they FS held him up and allowed his teammates to finish the tackle. The drive ended with an i form WR out to Lewis in the right corner of the end zone for a 8 yard TD pass to make it 36-0.

End of half: 36-0 lead for us.

The third quarter starts with them finally getting their option game working. They drive 40 yards to my 23 before we finally stop them. Their kicker misses the 40 yard field goal attempt.

We go 3 and out as Fred Davis drops a pass that would have given us the 1st.

They then proceed to pass deep to their burner Washington. Then they have a few key runs including their big FB breaking two tackles to convert 3rd and 4. From the 18, they run an option play in which the QB tosses it to the WR who was running a reverse. Washington makes a move on Lua and uses his speed to run 18 yards for the TD! That makes it 36-7.

On our next drive, they stopped Bush on 1st and 10 for no gain, Jarrett dropped a pass on 2nd and 9. I went to a 5 WR (well with Bush as one of the WR's) set and had Patrick Turner run a corner route 15 yards downfield. He caught the ball, stiff-armed the CB, and outraced the FS to the endzone for a 62 yard TD! 43-7 us.

They use a combination of short passes and option running to drive down to our 25 before the quarter ends.

End of 3rd quarter: 43-7.

They have a 14 yard QB run to end the long drive with a TD to make it 43-14. Despite this, I put our 2nd string teams in as I think we can run the ball with White and Hinds.

We proceed to go 3 and out as they stuff White and Hinds. Hinds throws a wobbly duck over my WR's head on 3 and 7.

On their drive, they run, run, run the option down the field. Finally, they execute a play action fake pass to their WR for a 9 yard TD to make it 43-21. They try an onside kick but White recovers it. Their long drive left only 3 minutes left in the game. I leave my 2nd team in there.

On our next drive, we get the ball down to the 1 but are stopped on 3rd and 4th down from running it in. Our backup O-Line is being beaten by their 1st string D-Line.

With 1 minute left, they come out running the ball to get themselves some space. They then go to 4 wide outs. Due to a lack of corners on my second string team, McFoy my WR has to play corner. He proceeds to intercept it at the 23 and return it to the 12.

White is stuffed on our 1st 2 runs up the middle, but on 3rd and 8 I run the option right out of the I Formation. Hinds pitches it just before he is hit. White is alone with a cornerback and stiff-arms the CB. He runs into the endzone untouched the rest of the way. 50-21 with 14 seconds left.

Game over. 50-21 win for us.

Key Stats: (By the way I really the blue on red screen for USC stats)

QB:

John David Booty 11 of 19 passing for 158 yards, 2 TD 0 INT 57% complete, sacked 2 times.

Rocky Hinds 1 of 4 passing for 43 yards (a streak to Turner where he used his height to get the ball) 0 TD 0 INT, 0 Sacks.

Robert Johnson 8 of 16 passing for 87 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 50%, sacked 5 times.

Rushing:

Reggie Bush 20 carries for 165 yards, 3 TD.

Lendale White 9 carries for 10 yards (I need to remember to get him some carries behind our first team O-Line.)

John David Booty 5 carries for 9 yards (he has more mobility than I thought)

Rocky Hinds 3 carries for 9 yards.

Ark: Peyton Hillis 24 carries for 103 yards (I love that they used their powerful FB as their primary runner)

Robert Johnson 19 carries for 99 yards and 1 TD.

Receiving:

Reggie Bush 4 catches for 35 yards.

Whitney Lewis 3 catches for 31 yards and a TD.

Patrick Turner 2 catches for 104 yards and a TD.

Ark:

Marc Winston, TE 4 catches for 63 yards and a TD

Peyton Hillis 2 catches for 15 yards.

Cedric Washington 1 catch for 42 yards.

Leading tacklers:

Lawrence Jackson 8 tackles, 4 for a loss.

Keith Rivers 7 tackles, 1 for a loss.

ArK: Desmond Sims 11 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Leading Sacks:

lawrence Jackson 2 sacks.

Alex Morrow 1 sack.

Ark: Desmond Sims 2 sacks.

Chris McFoy, my WR, had the only interception of the game.

Mario Danelo was 2 of 2 for FG's.

Star of the Game:

Reggie Bush 165 yards rushing, 35 receiving yards, 55 return yards (2 KR, 1 PR, a few fair cathches) and 3 TD's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote