View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm expecting big things from Jarrett who has really stepped it up in practice and looks ready to make an impact.

1st quarter:

Surprisingly, it is a defensive struggle as we each go 3 and out on our first series. The second series isn't much better but we are starting to win the field position battle.

Their 2nd punt is from the 8 and we get it on the 35 thanks to a good Bush return.

However, they hold us to 3 yards on 3 plays as Jarrett drops a key 3rd down pass. Their star DE is really disrupting us.

We attempt a 49 year old field goal and it is both short and wide right.

Lawrence Jackson gets his third sack of the game on this drive. He is putting heavy pressure on their QB.

On a 3rd and 6 from their own 37, the QB tries a long pass into double coverage. Alex Gomez intercepts it. He gets a crushing block by Darnell Bing, another block by Jackson downfield. He jukes the QB. He is off! TD!! 78 yard interception TD return. 7-0 us.

We force them to go 3 and out to end the 1st quarter as we get another sack on the QB.

End of 1st Quarter: 7-0 lead for us. Did I mention that 6 of our front 7 players are rated 90 or higher? They are playing like it today as we have 6 sacks on the QB in the 1st quarter.

They force us to punt after 5 plays as they are shutting Bush's running down. However, their returner fumbles the ball! we recover!

We have the ball on their 14. Booty keeps the ball for a 11 yard run when they overplay the HB on the option.

Next play, goalline set, HB toss. Bush stiffarms the lone linebacker in his path and runs into the endzone. 14-0.

We force them to go 3 and out.

The next drive, Bush finally gets two nice runs of 11 yards each. However, they stack the box and Booty is throwing inaccurately.

On third and two I run Bush off tackle, but they stop him. We kick the 24 yard field goal to make it 17-0.

They put together a nice drive thanks to two key passes to their stud TE including one in which he caught then stiff armed two of my guys and ran 22 yards before Bing tackled him.

We finally stopped them at the 15 and they kicked a 32 yard field goal.

This QB only has 2 TD's and 6 INT's coming into the game, I don't want to let him get a TD against us today.

Since Bush has been contained, I go with Bush in the slot and 3WR's with White as the RB.

White pounds them up the middle three times.

Then, Bush catches a slant and goes 30 yards before he is tackled by the FS.

Bush misses a fly pattern two plays later.

We connect on a few more runs, but they finally stop us.

Danelo connects on a 37 yard FG to make it 20-3 with 25 seconds left in the half.

Halftime: 20-3 lead for us.

We force them to go 4 and out.

We have a few nice plays on our first drive of the 3rd quarter, but on 3rd and 5, I throw an out pass to Fred Davis. He catches it but their SS nails him and he fumbles it. Robert James recovers the fumble.

On the first play, they throw it deep to Fleming who burnt my corner and Bing. He catches it and runs into the endzone for a 55 yard TD. 20-10 game.

On our next drive, Bush runs for 4 yards then 1 yard. on 3rd and 5 Jarrett is open on the wide out play, but he drops the ball. Very disappointing.

We force them to go 4 and out.

On our next drive, Bush again goes to the slot. White shreds their defense for 6 yards, 7 yards, 5 yards, 8 yards. Then, he becomes tired.

They stop Bush for 2 yards. They stop the HB screen for 4 yards. Jarrett tells me, "I'm in the zone." I call a crossing route for him. He drops the ball.

We kick a 35 yard FG to make it 23-10 with 3 minutes in the 3rd left.

On the kickoff, Bing forces and recovers a fumble!

From the 12, I run Bush for 2 yards. I playaction pass, Jarrett is open in the endzone left side. Booty throws it to him, and he drops it!

On third and 8, Booty overthrows Whitney.

We settle for a 27 yard field goal to make it 26-10. I can't believe my offense is so bad this game.

We exchange failed drives in which their star DE sacks Booty, and Lawrence Jackson collects his 4th sack of the game!

End of the 3rd quarter: 26-10 with them driving into our turf.

They hit short pass after short pass. Their drive is complete when they hit the TE in the left backend of the endzone for a TD on a 8 yard pass.

They complete the 2 point converstion on a pass to the TE over the middle to make it 26-18.

Wow, they are making this much more of a game than I expected.

We put together a 10 yard 71 drive which was kept alive early by a defensive pass interference call on 3rd and 9.

The key plays of the drive were a 24 yard pass to Bush and a play action wheel pattern to our FB for a 16 yard TD! 33-18 now.

We exchange a series of 3 and out for each of us.

Their next drive, they drive about 25 yards before trying an ill advised HB pass. Darnell Bing intercepts it and returns it 4 yards to our own 30.

We finally get Bush going. After 5 successful runs, I try a play action pass. I kick myself as they sack Booty and he fumbles it and they recover.

I kick myself even more as they hit Fleming on a long streak.

Then, they hit their TE for 3 quick 9 yard passes.

Finally, they hit Fleming on an out for a 7 yard TE.

They pass it to the TE on an out for a 2 point conversion. 33-26 with 45 seconds left.

Gomez becomes my favorite corner as he catches the onside kick.

I plan on just running out the clock. Bush gets a 4 yard run. They call T.O.

Bush gets a 6 yard run. They call T.O.

Then, Bush breaks one. He stiff arms the MLB. He jukes the SS. He runs 43 yards for a TD with 29 seconds left on the clock. 40-26.

They throw a few passes. Game over. 40-26 win for us.

Key Stats:

Passing:

Booty: 14 of 30 passes, 46%, 141 yards, 1 TD 0 INT, sacked 3 times.

Derek Shaw: 20 of 32 passes, 62%, 256 yards, 3 TD 1 INT, sacked 9 times! (Darn it, we gave up more TD's than he had in all of his previous games this season.)

Rushing:

Reggie Bush: 25 carries for 164 yards, 2 TD. 132 yards after the 1st hit!

Lendale White: 9 carries for 59 yards.

Randy Hill: 10 carries for 68 yards.

Receiving:

Reggie Bush: 6 catches for 77 yards. 0 TD.

Brandon Hancock (FB): 3 catches for 18 yards, 1 TD.

Dwayne Jarrett: 3 catches for 25 yards. 5 drops. (No one else had any drops!)

Zach Miller: 9 catches for 91 yards, 1 TD, 2 2 point conversions.

Ryan Fleming (true freshman) 4 catches for 101 yards, 2 TD.

Nate Kimbrough: 3 catches for 41 yards.

Leading Tacklers:

Darnell Bing: 8 tackles, 1 for a loss.

Lawrence Jackson: 7 tackles, 5 for a loss.

Oscar Lua: 6 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Robert James (Arizona): 10 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Daniel Varvel: 9 tackles.

Kyle Caldwell: 6 tackles, 4 tackles for a loss.

Leading Sacks:

Lawrence Jackson: 4

Thomas Williams: 2

Oscar Lua: 2

Arizona: Kyle Caldwell - 2

Interceptions:

Alex Gomez with a 78 yard TD Interception Return.

Darnell Bing 1 interception.

FG's:

Mario Danelo 4 of 5 (49 yards on the miss)

Stars of the Game:

Darnell Bing 8 tackles, 1 interception, 1 FF, 1 FR.

Reggie Bush 161 yards rushing, 77 yards receiving, 71 return yards (on 7 returns)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote