View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 08:43 PM   #125
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
Seau played for the Dolphins IRL... so shouldn't he not be a "special" player for that team? Allowing you a different non-MIA guy?

Apparently, EA deploys a variety of these special players as a way to have a lot of "side missions" going for those of us who might otherwise lose interest. I'm sure if I looked closely, I'd find that if I could just get from 84 to 100 interceptions, I'd get another card to help advance SS Kam Chancellor... or something like that.

This year, the "Season 1 Champion" was Hester or Seau, and can take team chemistry for any franchise. It's a way to help you feel like you have some build-around players, I guess. It's fine, I guess... but it feels kinda hollow if you're a true believer.

So, here, the fact that Seau actually did play for Miami IRL is not relevant, in the way that, say, RB Thurman Thomas did is (since he's just a regular Team Diamond card with a Power Up). The Dolphins theme team is just overloaded with RB now, it's silly at this stage -- Ricky Williams, Thurman Thomas, Ronnie Brown, and Reggie Bush all probably among the top ten in the game.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote