View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #29
Izulde
Head Coach

Sooo... bad news bears. Moving up to Level 10 isn't a guarantee of semi-pro status like I thought. It *can* happen, but it's not a lock.

Anyway, we get $9.3k for winning the league.

Talk about a dominant team all around. Love this squad, and really hope we go semi-pro so I can lock some of these dudes down.

Top 10 League Players
Gaz Wilson - 2nd goals, T-2nd PotM, 8th Shots on Target %, T-1st Offsides, T-2nd Key Passes, 2nd Average Rating

Adam Cornell - T-4th goals, T-6th Distance Covered/90 Minutes, 4th Key Passes, 4th Average Rating

Dave Chitty - T-9th goals, 5th Average Rating

Vernon Francis - T-9th goals, 2nd assists, 1st PotM, 1st Shots on Target %, T-10th Distance Covered, 2nd Distance Covered/90 Minutes, 1st Key Passes, 3rd Average Rating

Justin Cooper - T-2nd yellow cards, 2nd Pass Completion %, 5th Tackles/Game

Paul Nisbet - T-2nd yellow cards, 8th Pass Completion %, T-10th Distance Covered

Ryan Leggett - 5th yellow cards, 1st Distance Covered, 3rd Distance Covered/90 Minutes

Chris Dickman - 1st Pass Completion %, 8th Distance Covered/90 Minutes

Lewis Page - 1st Distance Covered/90 Minutes, 8th Cross Completion %

Dave Chitty - 6th Avg Minutes/Goal

Ian Penney - T-1st Cross Completion %, 3rd Key Headers, T-9th Interceptions Made

Jamie Hopkins - 2nd Key Headers

Jordan Yorath - T-3rd Clean Sheets

As you might expect, the bulk of our stardom occurred up front, and it was my decision to switch from 3 CMs to 2 CMs and an AMC with Vernon Francis is what turned our season around, and as you can see from the stats, there might have been no one more critical to our title than the 33 year old.

Oh, a look at tactical setup:

We actually started with an instructionless skinny 4-1-2-1-2, but after these three shouts by my assman during that first game led us to victory, I made them permanent parts of the setup from then on.

There's supposed to be an option to ask the board to turn semi-pro, but I can't find it anywhere in the board meeting, so I just walk out of the meeting with nothing to say.

...Oh. Right. Takeover talks.

We finally break the $100k profit margin.

Jason Porter is signed away on a $14.75k deal, but it takes place on June 2018... and it's June 2017. Mod bug?

So, the takeover collapses. And I guess Professional Status is where you can make a change, but it's greyed out.

Transfers Out
DC Kieran Wood - $400
MC Chris Dickman - $6.75k
MC Chris Smith - N/C
ST Chris Baker - $400

Man City takes over Man U as the most prestigious club in England. We're still a minnows side, but our reputation has crept up as a result of our double promotion.

Gaz Wilson is the Fans' Player of the Year, breaking the streak set by Paul Nisbet.

Best 11
G: Jordan Yorath
D: Lewis Page/Jamie Hopkins/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
DM: Craig Attwood (?!)
M: Justin Cooper/Chris Dickman
AM: Vernon Francis
S: Adam Cornell/Gaz Wilson

And then this happens:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only due to the glitches caused by the mod, my wage budget says N/A

After restarting the game and going through a negotiation, I discover that our wage budget is $150k. That's enough to sign 15 players to $10k/year deals, which is about the money our top guys are asking for.

Sooo I may have to let some of these dudes go. Anyone asking for $10,000 a year or more is automatically not getting offered by us. Unless it's a really, really fantastic young player.

My new contract is for one year, and $2.8k. Yeah. The players will be making tons more cash than me. But as part of the negotiations, I'm getting the board to upgrade our Poor training facilities.

Transfer In - AMC/MC/ML Reggie Pouncey (18)
Signing a 2 year deal that pays him $10.5k a season, he shoots to the top of the class, and makes Vernon Francis look like nothing at all. He's also our first player to be assigned a valuation - one of $2.3k. To mark that special occasion... his screenshot:

Lot of pressure riding on this young man.

Justin Cooper, Jamie Hopkins, Paul Nisbet, and Gaz Wilson sign 2 year deals shortly thereafter, with base salaries of $3.9, $4.6, $8.25, and $7k respectively. Nisbet and Cooper are our top valued players at $6.5k.

Ryan Leggett signs a Non-contract to get off the amateur status.

So between those 5 players, we've spent $42.3k of our $150.1k budget, because it factors in things like appearance fees, etc.

A sizable chunk of our allotment, yes, and admittedly we probably spent too much on retaining Nisbet and Wilson, and way overspent on Pouncey... but it's hard to find good Engaches at this level, let alone the 18 year old ones with fantastic technique and mental attributes.

Still more stuff to fill in. A note: The league actually has like 4 or 5 amateur teams, which is good. Because the Western League Division One has a nasty little draw. 13 teams, with not only just the winner promoting, but the bottom 3 relegate out.

We have a lot of careful spending and putting together of pieces if we want to stay up. We had a bead on a striker we thought would sign with us no problem, but he opted to take what was what originally a $2.75k deal elsewhere, but magically turned into a $400 youth contract when he showed up. Which sucks for him, since we offered $1.9k.

But I need to go eat lunch and do a last run through of research before a meeting I have to get to.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote