Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 03:30 AM   #215
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
And all the while, you have folks who are technically not associated with the alt-right trying to say that it is anti-freedom of speech (the principles not legality) to fire someone for having 'different views' even if they are for white supremacy.

It is anti freedom of speech, IMO, to stop them from saying it and from assembling. The social consequences, though? To my way of thinking, at least, it's all fair game. If a company feels a person does not hold values consistent with them, they have the right to not (or no longer) employ them.

If you choose to advocate for hate, you should expect to suffer the consequences. It's actually a very Republican view that you reap what you sow. One of the party's main issues with the left is how much they want to give away to people who won't work for it or haven't earned it. Well, that cuts both ways. If you make a decision or take a stance most others wpuld find deplorable, you should not be surprised (nor be able to legally against) your termination from your job, or being ostracized socially.

So if people are advocating that the social consequences of being a bigot are somehow illegal as a violation of freedom of speech, then those people are terrible Republicans and have thrown away what it historically has stood for.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote