Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #218
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm not sure you understand what Republicans are. If they cared enough about the issue, most Republicans would. Both conservative religious Republicans and Libertarian Republicans (as I have generally been) both hate Neo Nazis. But Republicans don't do protests so much, from what I have seen.

Personally, I would protest against Neo Nazis, and as a Republican. Nor do I think it would take bravery to do so.

I do understand Republican's are against Nazi's and don't think they share their beliefs at all - however the 'alt-right' label the media are using pushed the two together continually, heck we have a "Republican" president openly defending neo-nazis in the name of the 'right'.

As such while Republicans might not traditionally 'do protests' so much I'd have thought it in everyones best interest for them to have a presence and disassociate themselves from these asshats.

PS - You might not think it 'brave' but having been at a few anti-Trump protests where we stood with frothing people in red Trump hates yelling obscenities at us from 5 yards away I think it is, I know that I get somewhat nervous before attending such protests ... and they're nothing like what I've seen from the march at the weekend, I never feared for my life at them.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote