Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #225
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Yeah I think today gave no doubt as to where he stands in that regard ...

One thing I'd like to ask is whether any Republicans here abouts would be brave enough to protest visibly AS REPUBLICANS if Neo Nazis come to their area ... I hate the 'alt-right' tag as it correlates the Nazis to Republicans which is simply not true and entirely unhelpful ... having more visible protest from that sphere against them might discourage the media from using that tag.

This is one facet I find interesting about all this. One of the rallying we hear against Muslims is that they do not do enough to publicly renounce terrorist attacks, thus proving they support their actions.

Are republicans going vehemently and publicly renounce their vocal Nazi and White Nationalist contingent? Their leader only did grudgingly until he basically pulled it back the next day. Are his voters going to publicly and loudly state they disagree with Trump?

If not does that mean they support and agree with White Nationalism views? Or will they re-visit their excuse to label all Muslims terrorists?

Hypothetical of course, of course neither will happen and we'll all just continue to yell at each other with no tangible positive outcome.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote