Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #229
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I do understand Republican's are against Nazi's and don't think they share their beliefs at all - however the 'alt-right' label the media are using pushed the two together continually, heck we have a "Republican" president openly defending neo-nazis in the name of the 'right'.

As such while Republicans might not traditionally 'do protests' so much I'd have thought it in everyones best interest for them to have a presence and disassociate themselves from these asshats.

PS - You might not think it 'brave' but having been at a few anti-Trump protests where we stood with frothing people in red Trump hates yelling obscenities at us from 5 yards away I think it is, I know that I get somewhat nervous before attending such protests ... and they're nothing like what I've seen from the march at the weekend, I never feared for my life at them.

Hmm, I admit I am exactly that Republican who doesn't protest, so I have not yet participated in an anti-Trump protest. I do know there are potential conflcts, but I didn't know it was that bad.

That said, I don't think if I were to somehow display I was a registered Repuican that it would put me in any more danger than the others there. From what you say, it seems like it would be brave for any to attend.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote