Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #230
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, I admit I am exactly that Republican who doesn't protest, so I have not yet participated in an anti-Trump protest. I do know there are potential conflcts, but I didn't know it was that bad.
The police at the ones I've attended have done a fantastic job - as have the protest organisers and frankly its not been at all easy for either.

Quote:
That said, I don't think if I were to somehow display I was a registered Repuican that it would put me in any more danger than the others there. From what you say, it seems like it would be brave for any to attend.
I don't think you'd be in 'any more' danger - but you'd definitely not be in less either.

I don't think there is a huge risk of injury or such if protesting is approached in the right way, I only do it with groups I know and we're organized and a fairly mature and sensible bunch even under pressure ... that being said I was incredibly surprised and disappointed by what happened this last weekend, it won't stop me protesting ... but it does make me aware of things I might have preferred to pretend didn't exist.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote