View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #18
StLee
High School Varsity

Week 7

Since I am behind on updating my softball dynasty, I’ll include some dates of games played. On May 20, we took on Hanamana, coached by Jay-O, the foul-mouthed Philadelphian who won the league’s first three championships but hasn’t been anywhere near the championship the past two years coming into this season.

Our team had been plagued lately by falling behind early, and this one was no different. Hanamana scored three in the top of the first, and the Honey Badgers answered with a run. Hanamana scored the maximum five in the second to take an 8-1 lead. Neither team scored again until we added a run in the bottom of the fifth. In the sixth, Hanamana scored a run, and we answered with two to make it 9-4 going into the final inning. Hanamana scored six* in the top of the 7th and we went scoreless for a 15-4 final score.

* - In innings 1-6, there is a maximum of five runs a team can score, but the 7th and any extra innings are considered open innings, and a team can score forever if they are capable of doing so.

Also, in this game, I had a great game on defense. I cannot find my stats in the game, but I had at least four put outs and at least five assists in the game, getting a high number of the outs we made in the game. Because of my game, the team chose me as the MVP and I got to keep the Honey Badger of the week pin (I also need to upload a picture of the pin at some point).

Lineup:
1 – Keeler – LF
2 – DeBree – LCF/RCF
3 – Babin – 3B
4 – Gonzalez – SS
5 – Dustin – 1B
6 – Frank – RCF/LCF
7 – MJ – C
8 – Halbreich – RF
9 – MaryKay – ROV/2B
10 – McMillan – 2B/ROV
11 – Camille/MJ – C/ROV

Johnson and Sundell were no shows and Camille was injured in the first inning, causing us to have to bat MJ twice in the lineup due to a league rule that both teams must bat the same number of females in the lineup.

Bottom 1st: Trailing 3-0
Keeler – 1B
DeBree – Hit the pitcher, out
Babin – 1B, Keeler to 3rd
Gonzalez – RBI FC (1-3)
Dustin – out

Bottom 2nd: Trailing 8-1
Frank – 1B
MJ – out
Halbreich – 1B
MaryKay – out
McMillan – out

Bottom 3rd: Trailing 8-1
MJ – 1B
Keeler – FC
DeBree – 1B
Babin – Fly out
Gonzalez – out

Bottom 4th: Trailing 8-1
Dustin – 1B
Frank – fly out
MJ – out
Halbreich – out

Bottom 5th: Trailing 8-1
MaryKay – GO, 6-3
McMillan – GO, 5-3
MJ – 1B
Keeler – RBI double (2-8)
DeBree – GO

Bottom 6th: Trailing 9-2
Babin – 3B
Gonzalez – RBI single (3-9)
Dustin – 1B, out trying to advance to second
Frank – RBI double (4-9)
MJ – out
Halbreich – FO

Bottom 7th: Trailing 15-4
MaryKay – Pop out, 5
McMillan – Line out, 6
MJ – GO, 3-4

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote