View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 10:06 AM   #1815
QuikSand
lolzcat

For the WFT, a less eventful offseason thus far (other than signing a big money receiver, which I guess makes it a big offseason), but a few things worth noting:

WILB Conner Harding
FA Stage 1
signed a renegotiated contract: 3yrs, $30,440,000.

LS Jeremy Ellis
FA Stage 1
signed to a new contract: 3yrs, $11,750,000.

QB Myles Thornton
FA Stage 1
signed a renegotiated contract: 3yrs, $16,500,000.

FB Dale Fau
FA Stage 1
signed a renegotiated contract: 4yrs, $24,010,000.

FL Andy Craven
FA Stage 1
signed a renegotiated contract: 3yrs, $17,140,000.

SE Jimmie Quackenbush
FA Stage 1
signed a renegotiated contract: 2yrs, $11,860,000.

SE Dillon Fuller
FA Stage 2
signed as an unrestricted free agent from Minnesota: 5yrs, $385,000,000.

FS Hugh Farrell
FA Stage 6
signed as a free agent: 2yrs, $15,000,000.

SLB Sammy Figurelle
FA Stage 7
turned down a contract offer: 1yrs, $7,200,000.

Losing out on LB Figurelle is disappointing, but it happens. I mostly just assume nobody wants my older chem/cohesion guys, but AVAILABLE is sneaky sometimes, that way. My bad.

That will leave us a bit thin at LB - literally only four guys on the roster right now, at all. Cranwell and Harding are both run stoppers and good for the base D, but less than ideal for pass situations. Flannery is the all-purpose guy and should get full time Sam duty this season. Kieta is a good enough starter at the Will. So, this isn't awful, for a zero-injury league.

Our 3rd round DE looks increasingly like a candidate to either position-switch to OLB, or maybe just play some there out of position. And our 4th rounder is a coverage-first LB who probably can squeeze in some "starts" here and there and become a rotation guy. We ought to be okay, with that group, if the rookies come through at least okay.

Numbers are similar to those in Baltimore... we are on target to land post-draft with close to 60 players, including some trial types. A young but semi-promising OL will be the thing to watch here. Oh, and maybe we need to keep an eye on QB Rod Swift, who seems reluctant to re-up with us and play in this mess again.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote