View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 12:43 PM   #886
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Win/win trade. Sanu isn't worth a second, so the Falcons got good value.

The Pats have a historically good team and moved aggressively to shore up a weakness and were willing to overpay a bit to make sure they got the guy they wanted.
"2nd round pick" does seem quite high, but I assume us having 3 3rd's & that pick being in the 60's factored in too.

It'll be interesting to see how they use Sanu. He seems like he could fit as a boundary guy if Gordon is still out and N'Keal Harry isn't ready (and yeah, the biggest downside of this trade is what it says about their internal evaluation of Harry even when healthy), but he might be much better as a slot guy, even though it'll completely go against type to have a slot WR who isn't white & undersized
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I think Jets-Dolphins has to get a MNF nod.
I don't think the Jets with Darnold are nearly that bad. In his two games they lost to the Bills by 1 & beat the Cowboys. This Patriots defense has played some cupcakes for sure, but oh man they're good & fun to watch. It helped that we were up 26-0, but the refs called a borderline PI vs the Patriots on like 3rd & 17 & my first thought was "YES, can't wait to see the defense play more." And sure enough they picked the ball off (again) 3 plays later. I'm excited we finally get to play 6 real offenses in a row now & we can see if this defense is merely really good & opportunistic or historically elite.

Flexing December's Bengals/Dolphins clash to Sunday night is still a possibility...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
And then I look at Rutgers these days and cry. Like we sold our souls for a few years of Schiano and now not only are we back to pre-Schiano records, but all our best players are playing for the Patriots... ugh.
How'd they sell their soul for Schiano? (And even if so Rutgers wouldn't be in the Big Ten otherwise, so it was worth it.)

I also assume he'll be back next season.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote