View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #68
Autumn
Head Coach

I obviously didn't play the game, but I've been reading through it some. It seems to me from the outside that a fun tweak would be to add another layer to the game of conflicting goals and intrigue. Bring a little more Werewolf into it, basically. Make it advantageous to work in groups, but also make more competition in the goals. The players should have to balance between advancing faster by working with others, versus not wanting to give any a step up to win. You might see some interesting sort of Survivor type alliances.

Having a little more competition between players would make the thread more interesting as there would be reasons not to divulge information necessarily. However, there should be some benefit to doing so to encourage people to debate between trying to pass clues on to their team mates versus keeping people in the dark. Things like requiring material components to make items would add to the intrigue.

The idea of having a storyline, or personal goals would go along well with this, as well as having clues and such in the dungeon. Perhaps have a minor victory of reaching level 10 but a major victory of being the sole winner, somehow. If there is an overall goal that will close out the game people will have to worry about time pressure as well, which might make it interesting.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote