View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 01:13 AM   #255
Radii
Head Coach

-- Hernandez is at his yellow card limit, which is only 2 which is silly but whatever. He'll miss our next match

September Update

-- We play on the 6th, 9th, 14th (North America Cup), 17th, 21st(atlantic cup), 24th, and 30th.

-- We play #2 Valdosta twice in a row, in the Atlantic Coast Cup on the 21st, and again on the 24th in league play.

-- The board is very pleased with our leadership. Locker room atmosphere is a positive. AML Dylan Rose is a negative.. he's been hurt so much he hasn't really bit fit all year. We made $15,670 last month.

North America Amateur Cup - Quarterfinal Draw

-- We get a home match against the Galveston Hurricane on the 14th. They're in the same tier as us. I think all of the Academy style teams have promoted up to semi-pro status, so we have as good a shot as anyone else to win this tournament.

September 6th, 2016

Wake Forest Cougars (12-6-4, 1st) vs Cape Coral Iguanas (10-4-8, 6th)

Attendance: 274

-- We lost 1:0 at home to these guys back in June.

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Coggins/Pickering/Forrest/Jackson
M: Tapia/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Maurer/Cole

Michael Maurer is another promising youngster who hasn't gotten as much of a chance as he deserves so far, so we work him in here. He's right on the edge of match fitness. If I sit him he has to play another reserve match and delays his entry into our rotation by another week... so screw it, he's playing.

More importantly, that's Ian Cooper in the starting lineup! We will start out counterattacking.

12': Maurer to Cole for a decent look 18 yards out, his shot is high though.

15': They take a goal kick, Cole wins the header, Maurer gets behind the defense as he runs onto the ball, he's got a clear cut chance... the keeper gets a hand to it, it goes almost striaght up in the air... and hits the crossbar.

19': We pass down the left side, Davidson plays a through ball for Maurer, he makes a good run to get to it, a step inside the area a bit on the left side, aims for the right side of the goal, and scores!! 1-0

22': We see Cape Coral's first offensive highlight, a nice pass to generate a decent look, but high.

31': Davidson with a corner, cleared out. We recover and work it forward again, Cole to Maurer... he's offsides, just barely, too bad b/c he would have scored there.

40': Davidson with a corner, lofted high into the 6 yard box, Forrest is there and gets up to win the header, goal! The keeper should have just caught that. 2-0

42': We pass it around for a long while, Coggins finally with a cross, MAurer controls it with his chest, shoots, but its high.

HALF: We only have 51% of the possession, but we've got 10 shots to their 1. We seem to be strongly in control here.

52': Oh lord. Cole picks up a minor injury.

55': Cole ahead to Cooper after an interception, that's a wide open look, but Cooper can't score, saved.

58': Wilkins in for Cole, before he gets hurt worse. I'm sure he's done for the year anyway with my luck. Tapia to DMC, Wilkins MC, just Maurer up front.

73': Jackson with a horrible giveaway after a throwin, they earn a corner on their counterattack, but we clear it out. Mainly wrote that up to call out Jackson, disgusting passing.

76': Goodwin on for Maurer, who is exhausted. Gallardo in for Cooper, he's still not quite fit to go all out for 90 minutes.

80': Their best look of the match so far on a through ball to the right side, but its wide.

85': Corner taken by Davidson, Gallardo wins the header, but wide.

90': Goodwin with a ball deep in the area, Davidson runs it down at the end line, controls it, passes back to Goodwin who has an easy shot from 6 yards out, goal! 3-0

We end up with 16 shots to 4 for Cape Coral, dominating performance today.

Wake Forest 3 : 0 Cape Coral

Man of the Match: Brian Davidson (9.1)
Goals: Goodwin (7.3), Maurer (7.1), Forrest (8.0)
Assists: Davidson 3
Notables: Gyan (7.2), Jackson (7.6), Pickering (7.2), Coggins (7.5), Shakespeare (7.2)

Tapia, Cole and Cooper with ratings under 7. Cooper struggled but its his first match in months. Davidson was spectacular.

Injury Update

-- Colin Cole will miss 6-9 days after an awkward fall. I can deal with a week.

Only a few teams played today, so the standings even out some.

5 left unless otherwise mentioned:

1. Wake Forest - 45 points
--------------------------
2. Valdosta - 41 points
3. Maunabo - 38 points
4. Saturn - 37 points - 6 left
5. Port St Lucie - 36 points
---------------------------
6. Lexington - 34 points - 6 left
7. Cape Coral - 34 points
8. Hattiesburg - 33 points
9. Jacksonville - 31 points

There's a fair chance our head to head matchup with Valdosta coming up in a couple weeks could allow us to clinch 1st place.

I hadn't looked before, but I do have to note that 4 of our last 5 are on the road, including the Valdosta match.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote