View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 12:21 AM   #273
Radii
Head Coach

Our Reserves and U18's continue to play through November for some reason. Going into November the board is clearly delighted with my leadership.

End of Season Meeting

I tell the team that I think they can avoid relegation next year as is (though of course I'll bring on players anyway). I get positive reactions from many, no one is upset. I usually piss off half the team at this point so I'm happy with this.

-- I set the players on vacation and tell them to report back on January 9th, giving us 5 weeks of preseason.

-- Los Angeles beat Chivas USA to win the North American Open Cup. They are the 3rd separate winner in 3 years, New England and Chicago won the first two years.

-- Looking up at MLS, Philadelphia wins MLS this year, beating Los Angeles in the finals. Los Angeles and Philadelphia were head and shoulders above the rest of the league going into the playoffs.

-- Tampa Bay Rowdies promoted up two years ago, they hung around in MLS last year, but they're dropping out this year. Along with them, FC Dallas is dropping down.

-- FC Edmonton won the NASL last year to promote into MLS, and they finished 11th this year, staying up easily.

-- So I just noticed in this version of the league, MLS does the mid-season split thing too, with the top 8 sectioning off and the bottom 12 sectioning off... I'm not sure if a current running league can be edited, and I'm a long way from MLS, but I sure hope I can fix that if I do make it up there.

That takes us into December.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote