View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #274
Radii
Head Coach

We pay $210,000 in taxes based on our profits this year.

We get a 2 year jersey sponsorship worth $9,750/yr, that's up from $9,680 last season, woohoo.

The team also announces a profit of $425,000 on the year. We have a balance of $1.7 million currently.

-- CASL Chelsea asks us about a friendly in early February, we accept.

-- Confederations Cup draw takes place for the 2017 tournament. Poland, Russia, South Africa and the USA in one group, Chile, Germany, Iraq and New Zealand in the other.

January 1st Update

-- Colin Cole is named the Fans' Player of the Year. Shakespeare and Navarro have also won it.

Wake Forest Best Eleven

GK: Gyan
D: Coggins/Forrest/Pickering/Jackson
M: Wilkins/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Fisher
ST: Ratzburg/Roth

.............. no Colin Cole. I guess its done strictly by Overall rating, Roth 7.20/Ratzburg 7.14/Cole 7.11.

All Time Best Eleven

GK: Gyan (112 games/6.79 rating)
DR: Joe Jackson (54 games/6.80 rating)
DC: Joe Pickering (71 games/9 goals/6.95 rating)
DC: Hernando Galvis (39 games/1 goal/6.76 rating)
DL: David Campbell (46 games/1 goal/6.87 rating)
DMC: Mark Shakespeare (88 games/29 goals/7.24 rating)
MC: Jose Alejandro Tapia (50 games/4 goals/6.90 rating)
MC: Gary Glaser (37 games/2 goals/6.90 rating)
AMR: Ian Cooper (66 games/13 goals/7.07 rating)
AML: Brian Davidson (73 games/20 goals/7.14 rating)
ST: Ronnie Navarro (65 games/27 goals/7.05 rating)

Cole did make it onto the bench for this team in his first season. Galvis and Campbell and maybe Glaser probably won't last all that long on here.

-- The Atlantic Coast Division 2 schedule is announced. We'll play Chattanooga FC on March 28th.

-- Only two teams relegate out of this league, the worst team, and then the next 4 have a playoff to avoid relegation. That sounds interesting.

Wake Forest turn Semi-Professional

Initially we have a payroll of $13,130 per week. That's huge, and does seem to indicate things are a bit broken because of our cup play. It also does add some pressure on us to succeed in future cup play, as our income will be shit unless we go far enough in tournaments to sustain that. Our transfer budget is $0, so we may need to adjust that if we want to buy some players.

Youth Intake Announced

We'll get to this in another post.

New Contract

I am given a 1 year contract worth $675 a week. Its a nice step up from $0.

I set up friendlies to get us going. Next up I'm hoping to be able to bring in a better, paid coaching and scouting staff, and I'm going to look around at the other teams in the league to get a feel for how much they are spending and how my current amateur players might hold up in the league.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote