View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #280
Radii
Head Coach

Central Midfielders

AMC/MC Justin Wright is a youth pull worth mentioning. 10 pace/10 accel/9 agi. 5 dribbling/9 first touch/7 passing. 7 composure/7 decisions/11 flair/9 off ball/9 teamwork/11 work rate. He seems decent in many areas. He's getting a youth contract immediately.

MC John Bradley is another youth pull who I am going to give a contract to, his numbers are a bit less than Wright's in most areas, but a technique of 13 is intriguing at this level, and physically he's on the same level as Wright. 10 pace/10 accel, so lets try him out too.

Mark Shakespeare is one of the best players on the team three years running. He only wants $130/wk, nothing comapred to those greedy defenders I just finished dealing with. Another no brainer.

Gary Glaser wants a non-contract deal with a $140 appearance fee. My assistant loves him, maybe he deserves to be playing a lot. But if he ends up as a fairly deep rotation player like last year, the appearance fee will be just fine. And if he's good enough to crack the rotation under new eyes, so be it.

MC Mike Wilkins is like a lot of the 15/16 year olds who doesn't seem to want a pro contract of any kind and I can't offer him a $70/wk hot prospect deal. So I want to keep him, I think, but he doesn't get any sort of offer for now.

MC Jose Alejandro Tapia is a guy who started for me last year along Shakespeare, and he's the more defensive minded mid, so he isn't going to put up great ratings, but his numbers dropped noticeably last season. I'm going to hold off before committing $150/wk to him.

DMC/MC Brian Williams is someone I've always liked, maybe irrationally so. If I run a DMC he's my best and favorite, and he did well at MC last year too, I could see starting him next to Shakespeare instead of Tapia. I give him $130/wk.

I sit on a number of other mids who saw limited action in the past.

I'm very intrigued by MC Brendan Dempsey, he's a free agent, because his semi-pro team got relegated so he got released. His ratings aren't spectacular, but they're fairly solid all the way around. The intriguing thing is that he played 24 matches for a team in this division last year with a 6.95 rating. He wants key player money though, over $300/wk.

I offer Dempsey a trial throughout the pre-season. If he takes it I will play him as much as possible and see what I think. In defense I didn't really find upgrades so much, I'm getting a little worried that I'm just taking the same team into a higher division, but now I'm spending a ton on them!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote