View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #284
Radii
Head Coach

Most of my offers are immediately accepted.

New Signing

19 y/o DL Abdul Rahim Otoo - Otoo has always played in leagues lower than this, but he's always been very very good, a 7.18 average rating for Blackburg last season in 16 matches is huge from a defensive position. I tried to sign him last year, and Campbell and Coggins at DL are two of my worst performing starters/rotation guys. Seems an obvious signing. Otoo is on a non-contract deal, he'll make $150/appearance, $25 per shutout.

11 accel. 6 composure/6 positioning/9 teamwork/8 work rate. 7 marking/7 tackling/7 passing.

Really nothing special, but for a non-contract deal its low risk, and he seems like a guy who has a history of outperforming his ratings.

MC Brendan Dempsey agrees to go on trial at Wake Forest for the duration of the preseason. This is the guy who put up a 6.95 rating in a full season in Atlantic Coast Division 2 last year for Greensboro. 6 marking/8 passing/8 tackling/8 technique is decent to solid. 7 composure/8 decisions/6 positioning/8 teamwork/12 work rate is decent as well. I don't exactly see why this guy might be worth almost $300/wk that he's asking for, but as I mentioned, he proved he could hold his own in this division, something none of my guys can do.

I'll be playing Dempsey as much as I can while on trial, lining him up in my defensive role next to Shakespeare and in the offensive role next to Williams or Tapia to see how he does.

Josh Evans, the AMR I got fairly excited about, signs with the Raleigh Pioneers. Darn.

We are up to $2,189/wk in salaries by the way. We're allowed $10.6k/wk, but I have no intention of spending anywhere near that.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote