View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #298
Radii
Head Coach

-- Our training facilities have been updated. We now have "Basic" corporate, training, and youth facilities.

April 14th, 2017

Hickory Heat (1-1-2, 15th) vs Wake Forest Cougars (2-1-2, 9th)

Attendance: 211

-- We played Hickory once in our very first season to a 1-1 draw. Hickory promoted in each of their first two seasons, last year they were 17th in Division 2, this is their second year here.

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Flores/Pickering/Hernandez/Lacey
M: Williams/Wilkins
AM: Rose/Cooper
ST: Maurer/Navarro

Some changes from the team that lost 6:1 a few games ago. Brian Williams in midfield, Rose at AML, I give Cooper his second start in a row, the goal there to set up Rose/Cooper and Davidson/Fisher rotations. Maurer starts where Roth played last match, fitness reasons.

We'll look to counter on the road.

3': Cooper takes a corner, Pickering with the clear cut chance on the header... saved.

4': We get a break after winning a ball in the midfield, Navarro to Maurer, Maurer out to the left side of the area, passes back towards the center, Rose is charging in, blasts it from 10 yards out, the keeper had no chance. Goal! 1-0

12': Wilkins tries to head the ball forward to the offense, but they get a defender to it, but the defender has very poor control and it bounces free to Navarro, he gets into the area and its a clear cut chance... but he puts it high. Shoulda scored.

28': Cooper with a cross into the 6 yard box, Navarro heads it in... but offsides. That was close, I didn't think he was offsides.

37': They pressure up the middle, Hernandez and Pickering each make key tackles, but we just can't clear the ball, they get a pass to the right side, a low cross in and a goal to tie things up. 1-1

HALF: We outshoot them 5-4, dominating possession 58/42 and really should have scored twice in this one. We do seem to be the better team so hopefully we can pull ahead in the 2nd.

60': Ashe in for Pickering Glaser in for Wilkins, both just seem to be struggling today.

69': Yellow for defender Lassiter, he brings down Cooper. Cooper takes the free kick, nothing happens with it.

70': Hernandez clears out a cross and we are out on the counter, ahead to Maurer, off to Glaser, he gets it to Navarro for a pretty good look, but saved.

74': Arredondo in for Maurer.

77: Williams with a nice cross to Navarro for a goal, but NAvarro was offsides... apparently. I really disagree with that call. If I get the chance to complain about the refs after this one I will.

82': Cooper wins the ball on a long goal kick, one pass ahead to Navarro for a good looking shot... saved.

86': Lacey wins a header to start a counter, Arredondo sends it ahead, Navarro gets to it, clear cut chance... and saved. Poor 1 on 1 effort from Navarro.

That's it.

Hickory 1 : 1 Wake Forest

Man of the Match: Dylan Rose (7.3)
Goal: Rose
Assist: Maurer (6.7)

Ronnie Navarro actually ends the game with a 5.9 rating, he just had so many chances there and couldn't convert.

On the whole, first season in a new league I should probably be happy any time I get a point on the road, but we were the better team today and deserved 3.

I don't get a chance to complain about the refs in a post match press conference.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote