View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #201
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2021 NFL Draft

My goal is to come away with a stud OG if possible to replace OG Theo, or an OT to slide into Goldhammer’s spot. I’ve also looked at TE, S, DT, and OLB and scouted them.

Let’s go!

Chicago starts things with a draft of QB and the other studly one goes to Pittsburgh at 1.3

Just one of my OG targets goes in the top ten. My TE target went at 1.13. By 1.21, five OTs are off the board, and a 3rd QB has gone, the one that was “close” to Tennessee, that could be a problem later, guess we’ll see.

But that is looking like a potential OG draft for me. Then S and OG go and two of my targets are off the board. Then WLB and DT and CB and more of my targets fall. The Jets take WR at 27. Then OLB, OT and DE.

Of the players that I interviewed, who are still on the board?

SS Dexter Whorton, very overrated, next mind
OG OJ Lowe, hard to read
OG Steven Kelley, hard ot read

Kelley has the better bars. By far. Kelley is 23% developed to Lowe’s 40%. Lowe is a lot smarter, 32 to 13, but Satre is dumb as a rock. That doesn’t matter to me for o line. Lowe is faster, 5.03 to 5.21 in the dash. They are 34 and 32 in strength (Kelley in front). Kelley is a lot more agile – 7.50 to 7.84. He’s better in the broad jump – 8-06 to 7-10. Kelley is 87th in volatility and Lowe 76th. Frankly, each are legit choices. I am going to ride the bars and hope for a winner with Kelley.

Lowe goes to Pittsburgh at 2.2,

The 2.5 arrives, and this was a place that perhaps I could move up to with Goldhammer. Is there someone on the board I downright covet? The best players on the board by grade are GB, C, and an WLB named Evanswhite. Then C and RB again. By adjusted they are the RB< a DT (with a conflict) and some OTs.

I’m good. Let’s just run through the rest of the draft!

2.32 arrives Hmmm…. I take the top OT on the board with good bars OT Joel Cameron. Adjusted, he;s the 4th best payer on the board and the 2nd best non-QB on the board.

Then the 3.32 is here. There are two players here I’m eyeing. I like SLB Ezekiel Mueller and his strong bars and very very low volatility of 3. I also like DE Thurman Peterson. Got a red and blue combine scores, sitting here at the back of the 3rd round. Hmm… I go with the LB. I feel like he;’s a safer bet.

Our mid 4th arrives. DE Thurman went 108 to Oakland, and we are at 111. I take OC Luis Sutton. The best o lineman on the board by current grade, and not adjusted grade. At the end of the 4th there is a QB I like on the board named Frankie Peters that I grab.

The 5th round pick arrives at 160. I take a look to see if there are any BAP. There’s one. The top RB on the board, by far, in Randall Vance. I take him. In the mid 6th, I snag SE Mason Baillargeon, who appears ot have a very high special returns bar. A very high bar OG is the 9th one the top of the OG board, so I take a serious flyer on him at the 6.32 spot. But why not?

For Mr. Irrelevant we grab SS Alexander Tucker, the top safety on the board and he has some punt rerun ability as well.

The 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars Draft Report:

1st – OG Steven Kelley, Pittsburg State
2nd – OT Joel Cameron, Tulane
3rd – OLB Ezekiel Mueller, Southern Miss
4th - OC Gerald Upshaw, Notre Dame; QB Frankie Peters, Wisconsin
5th - RB Randall Vance, Temple
6th – WR Mason Baillargeon, Florida State; OG Mark Meadows, Louisiana State
7th – S Alexander Rucker, Brigham Young

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote