View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have an A- draft.

Our stadium vote passes! I reject a trade offer for Bryan meadows that just offers a 4th rounder

Rookie Lookie Post Draft?

OG Steven Kelley is coming back as 31/70. The one I was considering, OG Lowe is 33/65. So it’s not like I screwed someone over by not snagging him. The other three OG have come back as 36/76, 28/85 and 21/69. None of those are losers. We would have done well with any of them really.

Anyone else that looks really strong? We have four players with a 50 or higher potential – QB peters, LT Cameron, RG Meadows, and OG Kelley. But two had stone bars that I just drafted to see what I;’d get later, they should look good now.

Let’s see about post-camp

Roster needs – I need a TE, DT, CB. Of those, two are backups.

Any amazing UFAs out there?

I have three veteran holdouts – CB Meadows, RB Gohl, and SS Iloka. Uh oh!

I make an offer to UFA:

RB Seth Jaco
TE Kenyon Page
DT Francisco Henderson

I cut QB Raul Hall

In other non-UFA news, what other free agents intrigue me?

A few players were just cut, and some RFAs not resigned were released. Any bargains?

Yeah. If I want to a good RB, I can chase 54/54 6th year vet Kendrick Glave, but I like Jaco. He’s 27/52 as a UFA. That doesn’t suck!

CB Giovanni McNeil has dropped in price, and kept dropping. Now you can sign the injured player for 4 mill this year and then 5.2 5.6 and 6.4. Not yet, but getting closer. Sign, place on IR, and if it works out, you might have a great player in the future.

I offer a deal to TE Josiah Logan. Let’s see what happens.

Someone made an offer to LCB Jacob Tudor, who I was considering offering a deal to. I make an offer to Tudor.

Stage 3 – We sign RB Jaco, TE Page,

Stage 4 – We sign TE Logan, DT Henderson, CB Jacob Tudor returns as well.

Alright, a few roster moves – I currently have 5.2 mill under the cap. I have 59 players on my roster pre-Camp.

I have money. I can cut some folks if needed. Does anyone else Intrigue?

I could chase 11th year vet Marcus Gilchrist, SS, 43/43 to be my starter and cut Iloka. I don’t want to commit that much money, 5+ mill to Iloka for a 10th year vet the year before this stuff matters. Meadows makes more sense. And I can cut Gohl if I want.

So I head ot the final week of FA. Oakland signs TE Delaroche for a lot of money – 10 mill over 3 years.

I want to offer CB McNeil that long term deal. Even if he busts down to a 55/55 or 50/50, it’s a solid pickup, with Meadows a question mark after this year. But, c’est la vie, I don’t want to tie up 4.5 mill next year if it never works out. I sign SS Gilchrist now, in case I need him later.

I head to camp to see about the hold-outs. Then I’ll make some decisions!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote