View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #208
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – We have a quieter win over winless Miami 20-10. RB Rivers was 22 for 124 and a score, and Bortles was 28 of 33 for 271 and 1:0. He hit backup RB Hutchins for a score. Pick by rookie MLB Ezekiel Mueller, getting a backup play with the injury to our team, and that’s his first game, and a pick. Nicely done rookie! DT Missouri with the game’s solo sack. C Pearson was 5 KRB and 1 pancake, OT Starks 3 and 1, and Satre had 2 and 2 pancakes.

SS Gilchrist is back.

Week 6 – We head out and thump the Colts 49-27, and Bortles, MVP and Offiensive Player of the Week had 23 of 31 for 354 and 4:1. He his Lee for 193 yards and 2 scores, WR Crawford for a score and FB Wheatley for another. Picks by OLB Upshaw and CB Hopkins. 1.5 sacks by DT Missouri, and 3 KRb and a pancake for OG Satre. Baltimore lost and we are the last undefeated team in the league

The WR Allen Robinson injury has me a little frazzled, because with OG Linder gone, and now perhaps Robinson on the way out, it reminds me that we have a dwindling number of people that have been with us since the beginning. My first year, my roster inherited, (or I brought in pre-seaon) these people that are still with us:

QB Blake Bortles
WR Marqise Lee
WR Allen Robinson
K Tyler Bernard
LS Grayson Johnstone

I see if I can go shopping with OG Theophilakaostkatos. Maybe I can swap him for a Safety?

Players I think are solid choices and need an OG

Bears SS Benjamin Malone, 54/54

The value of trading for a S is that I finally get someone who doesn’t suck. The problem is that I commit salary to a solid player the next two years, when my prevaricating at the position has left me an opportunity to re-sign major players. SO I just trade Theo to the Cardinals for their 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks in 2023 two years down the road.

Week 7 – We head to Tennessee and in what was clearly a trap game we lose 39-32. Despite the best efforts of Marqise Lee to win the game singlehandedly with 205 yards and 3 scores, it was not to be Bortles hit Fahey for a score as well, and wsas a solid 22/40 411 and 4:1 on the day. A token sack by CB Meadows. 3 KRB by Myron Starks.

We have a minor injury. WR Joshua Wild is out for two weeks with a strained Achilles.

6-1

Week 8 – BYE

Week 9 – We head to 5-2 Buffalo and come back losers, 38-31. Bortles was 24 of 36 for 466 and 4:2, and Lee had 230 yards and 1 score, WR Crawford, starting, had a score, and RB Hutchins and WR Jeff Janis, signed off the practice heap, also had TD Grabs. We like to call them Bortle Bombs. Two forced fumbles, from one Velazquez. DE Butler and Webster with sacks.

And we finish the first half 6-2 after a 6-0 start. Right now in the AFC Baltimore is 7-2 and in front, and then Buffalo (because they beat us) at 6-2 and us at 6-2 following things up. There are four teams with 5 wins, including the Titans after they rattled off 3 straight wins once they had started 2-4.

Weird… I try to extend CB Bryan Meadows, but due to past injustices, he doesn’t want to resign. What? He’s happy, not disgruntled or anything. What past injustice? The holdout? Well that sucks. And changes things.

Players I’m losing this year:

CB Bryan Meadows; TE Travis Kelce; DE Kenneth Butler; CB Janoris Jenkins; LS Grayson Johnstone

That sucks.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote