View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We extend Satre by three years, and he makes 10 mill a year.

We extend Lee by two years and he’s 9.95 this year, 9.5 next, and then 10.19.

Now I have problems. Both Velazquez and Wild want more money than before. Wild wants...well...wild money. 15 mill a year money. I do it. Four year deal, and his contract leaps to 15 mill this year, and climbs from there. I also increase Velazquez by some cash as well.

Allen Robinson dropped to 44/44, but he’s injured for one more week, so I have to keep him until post-season and then I can cut him.

I resign:

TE Kenyon Page
RT Shannon Milnes

Alright, now:

1). Massage my cap by cutting or lowering the costs of aging players
2). Get a real RB
3). Figure out my P and K situation.
4). Make S and LB real offseason priorities
5). Figure out my LCB spot madly.
6). Kelce? Someone Else? TE please

I let go some folks hoping they might also drop their demands, and I could resign Butler or Kelce for lower deals all day long.

Let’s head to FA and look at week 2 targets:

Kelce is the best non-kicker available at 63/63 and wants 8 mill to start things off. Sorry 32 year ol guy!

Jimmy Graham, not as good as Kelce, wants more money and a one-year deal.

JR Delaroche was cut and now wants 1.9 mill for the first season. I wish he’d gone that way last year!

I have on my roster Josiah Logan who grew to a 41/41 guy last year, in case Kelce went elsewhere or was injured. I could hold off on TE at first

RB? Walter Gohl is there and wants 2.5 mill, but his now 47/47 physique scares me. But that’s the best guy out there. Could we go with RB in the draft instead?

I’ll hold off.

S? LB? We have a lot of older LB talent, the top 7 LB on the board are 10+ year vets. I can make offers to others later – they are all in the 40s.

The best S is George Iloka. New England cut Johnathan Paniagua. I make FS Irving Troy, 7th year vet, 49/49 an offer since he’s cheap.

I make an offer to K Marquis Danforth and P Conner Donovan

I like LCB Justin Talton, 47/47, 4th year, and he’s 2.6 this year and very reasonable. But I probably can move CB Colton Hanks over to Meadow’s spot. I don’t think we’ll have any major issues with that swap.

Stage 3 – CB Meadows signs with Minnesota for a ton of cash. RB Gohl signed to the Saints. LT Goldhammer went to the Giants for a ton of cash too.

Stage 4 – Kelce signs with Oakland for big bucks. Iloka to New England for the same.

Stage 5 – No major news

Stage 6 – No major news

Stage 7 – We sign P Donovan and I cut Bridgeman.

Stage 8 – OG Theo signed with the Ravens. LS Johnstone and K Danforth sign and I cut K Tyler Bernard.

I’ve freed up some cash with the signs.

Now let’s push some folks.

Who do I like still on the board?

I make an offer to WLB Ken Okobi, who has a great special teams (94) and is 43/43, and 7th year vet for the Bengals. Wants 1.7 and then 2 and 2.1

Stage 9 – No major news

Stage 10 – Delaroche signs with the Colts; FS Irving Troy sings a 4 year, 9.13 mill deal with us.

Stage 11 – We sign WLB Ken Okabi to 3 years, 6.61 mill, and FS Camden Becker was picked up by the 49ers.

Alright, rookie lookie

We pick 28th. Who falls?

I need S, CB, RB, and LB of various place all jumping into my lap.

Oh, and next year, I have, coming up, DT Quentin Grossman, C Roger Pearson, RT Myron Starks, CB Colton Hanks – those are all in two years from now.

I also need backups in OG, TE, WR, OC, DE too. Lots of depth needs.

Holy hell!

The top S, FS Collin Sham, came back very underrated, with a potential affinity, and he’salready the 7th best player by raw grade and 18th by adjusted on the board. That’s the sort of need-meets-awesome that can move me.

What else? The second best SS Whalen is also very underrated too. There are three certifiable studs at RB, and I scout them all three come back hard ot read, and one’s bars dropped. I scout #4 on the board too. I’d be happy to move up for one of them.

What else? Two ILBs are pretty sexy n the 7.0 raw grade place. They’ll be well gone. There’s no one really at old. I scout one. I also scout the 3rd best ILB. I scout two Cbs and the 3 and 4 safeties who also look solid.

Stage 12 – P Bridgeman signed with Dallas.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote