View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:57 PM   #237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FA Time!

I sign OT Myron Starks to a new deal. He now makes 8.7 mill this, and it rises by around 1 mill each year for four years total.

After that we are down to 21 mill in cap space, 11 in non-draft space

Major players in the final year of their deal:

C Roger Pearson
P Donovan
K Danforth
DT Quentin Grossman
LCB Colton Hanks

Quentin Grossman is 28, but in his 8th year, and last year, he had a non-good season. We grabbed him at 1.28 and he’s been with us ever since. Is he worth 4 more years with his stats and body? I think so. It’s not hard to find DT, but he’s fair. He’ll be 6.1, 5.9, 6.3 and 6.9. That frees up cap this year.

I like FB Wheatley, but he;s not a major star for our club. I’ma hold off on my C Pearson decision until post-Camp when I see his competition.

Ditto my K and P.

Hanks wants too much money. 7 and 8 mill each year? For a 49/49 guy? Nah!

Let’s hit up FA

Meet my #1 target 0 57/57 RB Jermaine Woods, 5th year vet. He wants little cash. I throw some serious signing bonus at him, because he wants to sign in stage 2. I ain’t playing games with him.

I sign RFA RB Henry Tiessen and cut RB Brooks.

I make an offer to DE Ron Ketteridge, the 2nd best one out there, 47/47 8th year vet.

I make an offer to FS Miles Clinton to bring him back to my roster for two years.

What about LB? I offer to WLB Landon Bush, a 47/47 guy from Baltimore 5th year, and SLB Amari Snipes from Houston. I do like 60/60 TE Corwin Chubb, from Houston, but he wants a deal starting at 8 mill and rising.

Alright, let’s begin:

Week 2 – We sign RB Jermaine Woods and DE Ketteridge. RB Moronkola signed with the Saints, and there were other major RB singings as well.

Week 3, 4, 5 – No major news

Week 6 – WLB Shawn Branton signs with the 49ers, while WLB Landon Bush with us.

Week 10 – SLB Snipes signs. We also bring in LS Johnstone. FS Clinton Mylses is back with us the next week. Donnie Crawford signs with Atlanta.

Anyone else I want to pursue? Nah.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote