View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #244
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2023 Jacksonville Jaguars

QB Blake Bortles – 55/55, 10th year, still doesn’t suck
RB Jermaine Woods, 55/55 RB, I’m hoping for a Walter Gohl like season, of 1100-1250 yards and 10 rush TD. After two woeful years of non having a good guy, we need it.
FB Robbie Wheatley – in his final year and 51/51
TE Brett Kovacs – 55/55 – The 2nd year man from the 2nd round is starting and will hopefully be a solid contributor
FL Joshua Wild – Duh
SE Marqise Lee – Duh
LT Joel Cameron – He has dropped from the 60+ potential he had to 45/45, and that sucks. But he’s still starting for me.
LG Marquis Satre – The man, the legend, and the myth
C Myron Leggin – 37/76?
RG Steven Kelley – Solidifying at 53/53. Now can he keep the job without being the 60+ guy we thought he’d be?
RT Myron Starks – Oh yes
K Marquis Danforth – Solid year, but expensive, and just a 51/51, I’m not sure I want to triple his salary to keep him, even if his name is Marquis (The GM’s name is Marquis too, FYI).
P Conner Donovan – Cheap, adequate
LDE Gregory Burton – The rookie, 44/71, needs to play like it. Here we go!
LDT Brant Missouri – 50/50 body who is solid.
RDT Quentin Grossman – Used to be a real force and contributor, but the 8th year vet has dropped to 51/51 and didn’t have a strong season last year.
RDE Cesar Velazquez – Speak of guys who lost a step, Cesar, post-camp and preseason has dropped to 50/50. That is sad.
SLB Ezra Wilkerson – 31/63 – Of whom much is expected
MLB – Lance Morris, 51/51 guy we traded for. Please don’t suck!
WLB Amari Snipes – 43/43 – The best I could do on short notice
LCB Colton Hanks – Last year of his rookie deal, 49/49 guy
RCB Shane Hopkins – 59/59 and fine. 7th year as a player for us too.
SS Jermaine Whalen – 2nd year guy is fully developed at 67/67. That is what I want to see.
FS Irving Troy – ebbed to 47/47 but will still start I guess.

LS Grayson Johnstone – Has a 100 Long Snapping – He is also a mentor to TE as well.

PR CB Owen Horn; KR Horn and CB Hopkins
Gunners – WLB Okobi, MLB Miceli.
Holder – QB Schaefer

Starting Roster Strength

16th best QB
14th best RB
14th best FB
6th best TE
THE best WR
15th best C
2nd best OG
8th best OT
11th worst P
10th worst K
10th best DE
16th best DT
8th worst ILB
11th worst OLB
3rd best CB
5th best S

Well hello secondary!

Lots of stud Qbs came out of the draft recently.

Currently:,

We have Qbs with current 89, 88, 81, 77, 73, 73, 71, 67, 65, 65, and 61. We also have additional QBs with potentials at 67, 66, 67, and 64. That means fully 15 QBs in the league have, or have the potential to have a Qb in the 60+ category. Bortles has been elevated because I surround him with scads of offensive talent. It’s like giving the 14th best QB in the league Calvin Johnson, DeMarco Murray (for a while, literally), Andre Johnson and Antonio Gates later in his career. That’s going to make you look like a QB master. Then add in one of the best OG of all time, a strong OT, and a solid enough o line around others like C Pearson and guys like OG Theo and OT Joeckel and such over the years. Remember, we had four Wideouts with 50+ ratings for years – Ace Sanders, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson and Justin Blackmon. And Lee has been special, and now the lee and Wild show with great TE play and such had really unhinged Bortles statistically. But Bortles is just Bortles, just a 55/55 guy.

From his year, Manziel is 65/65, Logan Thomas 57/57, and Teddy Bridgewater 61/61 and Derek Carr, 57/57. Bortles is 5th best, but I have supported him lovingly.

We are the 5th youngest team in the NFL

Anyone else I want to extend? Not my P and K and not C Pearson. FB Wheatley? Nah, we always get great Fb options in FA> There’s no reason to extend a 29 year old guy.

SS Gilchrist? TE Josiah Logan? WR Roman Fahey? CB Owen Horn?? Nah.

The only possibility would be CB Colton Hanks.

So, who is expiring the next year that I care about that might affect my cap negatively that I need o worry about?

SE Marqise Lee; MLB Lance Morris; CB Shane Hopkins; RG Steven Kelley; OT Joel Cameron;

That’s it. No real major young core players. It’s possible that Cameron or Kelley could play their way into a major deal (although I doubt it). The biggest are SE Lee, CB Hopkins, and MLB Morris. None of those are going to jettison my cap by bouncing it up too highly.

For example, Lee is 10 mill against the cap next year, Morris 7.2 and Hopkins 10. They won’t require jumping of the cap too much.

The real year I need ot worry about is 2025 – QB Bortles, OG Satre, DE Velazquez, RB Woods, FL Wild, TE Kovacs, C Leggin, SS Whalen are all up there. And I think that Whalen, Leggin, and Kovacs could all make a strong case for contract extensions. Then major cap hits. Maybe Bortles would be down (from ebbing talent) and that might be time to let Cesar go. And Woods might get replaced by someone else sooner than that.

Anyway, let’s get this wagon train a moving

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote