View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #186
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
We're not big "destination" vacation people. We get out and around the places we visit. It's pretty common to put 500+ miles on a rental car during vacation.

I'm thinking of trips we took the last 1.5 years.

When we're visiting at Christmas (both years), we fly into O'Hare, visiting friends in Chicago, Rockford, and then all the way to eastern Iowa.
Last year, we went from Minneapolis to northern Minnesota to northern Wisconsin and then back because we had friends to visit at each place.
Last year, we flew to Kansas City but were visiting people in Lawrence, Topeka, and Manhattan.
Last year, we went to a wedding in Cincy (sans 4 year old). We helped shuttle stuff around for the wedding but we could have gotten by with Uber. But we had trips to Kings Island, the Zoo, and visiting PilotMan, all of which would have been more difficult without a car.
Last year, I had a conference in Atlanta - I took mass transit everywhere and didn't have a car.
Last week, we were supposed to visit Florida, but we were flying into Tampa (see a baseball game there and cheaper flight), go to Disney, and then up to Tallahassee to visit a friend and back.

Pretty much all of those require a rental car except the couple noted and that's not even getting into the "you can't get an Uber with a car seat" problem.

SI

Heh! All that and I am so glad I made the cut!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote