View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #1515
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I tend to takes stories based on an "anonymous friend" with a grain of salt.

Also how does this story help make the shooting more sense? Was there any evidence that the Dayton shooter hated transgender people?

Eh, "anonymous friend" vs "sources with knowledge of the situation" etc we should probably take all of these things with a grain of salt. You are more than welcome to pick and choose what you do and don't want to believe. Since the shooter is dead, we are probably never going to be 100% sure.

As far as relevance, it makes more sense to me that he would have "snapped" based on something like his sister coming out as trans to him than he just hated his sister enough to go to the bar with her, leave her in the bar and come back and shoot the place up with her reportedly being one of the first people shot.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote