View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Angels Take Season Opener (April 5)

One batter shook the cobwebs off of his bat, and another just picked up where he left off.

The Angels defeated the Rangers, 3-2, today on the strength of key hits by longtime Halo slugger DH Tim Salmon and big ticket offseason acquisition CF Steve Finley, in support of a strong performance by starter Kelvim Escobar.

Salmon crushed a two-run dinger off of Ranger's staff ace Kenny Rogers in the fourth to tie the game, and Finley knocked in C Bengie Molina with a single in the seventh for the go ahead run.

Sallmon missed most of 2004 with a variety of injuries, including the last month of the season. Finley was a key bat for the Los Angeles Dodgers in their run to the playoffs last year, clubbing the game-winning homerun in the dividion title clincher over the San Francisco Giants last September.

Escobar pitched into the eighth, striking out seven, and allowing just two runs to win his first game of the year. Closer Frankie Rodriguez went an effortless 1.2 innings to get the save.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote