View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 02:28 AM   #203
Radii
Head Coach

November 30th, 2013

FA Cup 2nd Round

Peterborough @ Woking

Peterborough are currently 3rd in League 1. We expect to get destroyed today. We are 4:1 dogs, they're 4:7 favorites.

We make tons of lineup changes today, we're going to have to play another game after this one on short rest, the guys are tired.

GK: Lynch
DEF: Thomas/Fenton/Smith/Anane
MC: Ball/O'Sullivan
AM: Clapham/Downes
ST: Harsanyi/Sole

We'll defend today.

12': We're looking ok so far. Not a ton of chances but we're not getting run off the field right away.

29': After a long throw Ball heads the ball out of our penalty area. They get a man to the ball who fires a shot from 25 yards out, its placed well but Lynch makes a great diving save, even hanging on to the ball.

31': After some buildup Peterborough get a lot of congestion around our DC's and we break down and allow a through ball that leads to a point blank shot for their top scorer, Makall-Smith. Easy goal. 0-1

HALF: They start to build up a bit more, we don't allow another goal, but we're at 5 shots w/ all off target and they are now up to 10, the first 20 minuets things felt very very even.

Ball is hurt, he picked up an injury late in the half. Pulis comes in for him at the half. We'll try to attack a bit more but have low expectations.

55': We get a little buildup, Sole seems to have a chance at a through ball to Harsanyi but doesn't take it, instead passing to the left for Clapham, who is tripped up just inside the penalty box. PENALTY!! Sole takes it, GOAL! 1-1

68': Peterborough are pouring it on, we haven't cleared this ball out in a damn while heh. Jesus in for Clapham, who is playing poorly.

71': Harsanyi goes down in the midfield going after a loose ball.. he's hurt and forced to come out of the game. Subotic is in.

81': Mackall-Smith almost with his second goal, this a long speculative strike from 30 yards out way to the right that bends and hits the left post.

... 3 minutes of extra time coming.

Nuttin.

Woking 1 : 1 Peterborough

Our goal comes from Sole, 6.8 rating. Assist from Clapham, 6.9 rating.

Thomas earns a 7.2 in the DL spot, Smith a 7.0, that's it really.

Possession was 50/50 today, Peterborough took 20 shots to our 8, but they only got 5 on target. We held our own pretty well today but really got lucky to draw the penalty, we weren't about to seriously threaten to score otherwise.

-- Bristol Rovers fire their head coach, I'm expected to be a likely candidate for the job. That's actually interesting as the only other FOFC FM dyansty I did was a long lasting one where I managed Bristol Rovers the entire time, so I feel a small connection with them. But still.. not yet, I release a statement that I'm not interested.

-- Harsanyi is going to miss 2 weeks for an elbow injury he picked up today.

-- We set a record for gate receipts at $180,000 today, breaking our previous record of $130,000 in the FA Cup against Walsall I beleive a year or two ago.

-- The replay against Peterborough will be on December 11th. We play on the 3rd and 7th so will be tired as hell going into that one too.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote