Izulde
Head Coach

1st vs Badsey Rangers (6th)
G: Ash Malhotra
D: James Kay/Lee Craig/Anthony Newton/Brian Close
M: Tom Rowbotham/Joe Ward
AM: Patrick Lauber/Tom Schofield/Billy Akrigg
ST: James Tevendale

It's another expected win, so Rowbotham in for Lindley. Also, Haule has had a bad couple of games, so Tevendale gets the start.

41 - Way to get fooled, D. 0-1

46 - Ward to Tevendale... and the pass to Akrigg in the box. I'm thinking there's no way the diagonal can go in, but it does for a critical pre-half equalizer. 1-1

59 - Rowbotham gets hurt, so Lindley goes in.

61 - Oh, look. A bullshit penalty. 1-2

69 - Bertram in for Close, who is awful this game.

70 - Un-fucking-believable. 1-3

That game was shit. Only good news is, everyone else up top lost, too.

My success has not gone unnoticed, however. Rumors abound that I'm going to be offered the job at Farnham Town, a semi-pro team at the County Leagues level, which is Level 9. I say it's just rumors.

And oh look.

FA Silent Over Izulde Jestor Criticism. THAT'S TWICE IN A ROW NOW, BITCHES!!!!

The board is thrilled I denied interest in the Farnham Town job. Less loyal probably will be my Chief Scout, who is being courted by a ton of teams. And yep, off he goes. My coach is being courted, too.

Aaaand, we lose him, too.

$981 monthly profit. Lee Craig is hated, but the board's delighted still. We just can't find a DL worth anything.

Good Training
Brian Close
Ash Malhotra - Now up to 2.5*, but down to 4.5* potential

Bad Trains
Phil Lindley
Gbenga Sonuga
Andy Catley

1st @Kenilworth Town (3rd)
D: James Kay/Craig Suddaby/Anthony Newton/Brian Close
M: Tom Schofield/Joe Ward/Phil Lindley
AM: Liam Loughlin
ST: Brian Haule/Patrick Lauber

I put in Suddaby over that disappointing Lee Craig. It goes without saying that we have a new biggest game. Should we lose here, they jump us on goal differential, and if the team below us wins, we fall to 3rd.

15 - Looks like the time off did Haule good. Ward to Kay to our Tanzanian, and in the net we go. Still early yet in this pouring rain game. 1-0

30 - Or maybe not. Two straight possessions with open shots, and Haule shanks both.

45 - Ward to Schofield to Haule, and the goalie comes out to tackle the ball away. Bad idea, because Schofield pounces on the rebound and we've got the beautiful pre-half double. 2-0

51 - Knocked out is Ward. I'll go with Rowbotham as replacement.

61 - And now Lauber is hurt. Sigh. Never ends. Get in, Tevendale.

69 - Three defenders close in on Tevendale, so he kicks it out to Close on the wing. As a defender charges, our DR kicks it up to Loughlin, who nails the bouncy shot to all but put this game away. 3-0

71 - You knew that shit was gonna happen. 3-1

Inkberrow secures a big win. That's the understatement of the year. 8.0 for Brian Close, 7.6 for Tom Schofield.

The win gives us 4 points on the 2nd place team, 5 on the new 3rd place team. Hooray for cushions!!!

I'm linked to another semi-pro team in Level 9, but considering they're in the drop zone, I have less than zero interest in going there. From the same league (Essex Senior, BTW), the 14th place team is linked to me. That's far more interesting, but I'm building something here, so thanks but no thanks.

1st @Coventry United (5th)

For the first time this season, we're actually underdogs. Makes sense, though. Not only did they kick our asses 4-2 in the first game, Coventry's on an insane streak - four straight wins, and six games without a loss. Keep in mind, they were 3-1 favorites to win the whole thing in preseason.

In fact, I play the revenge card in my pre-game talk - the first time I've seen that. Half the squad goes green, which is the most I've had in a pre-game talk. At most it's been 1 or 2.

19 - Schofield's hurt. Been a while and it's a dangerous game to put him in, but McDonnell needs to start getting PT sooner or later.

33 - Lauber gets the ball on the far right flank, outraces the defense, and crosses to the far post. Rising above the defender is Haule for the header in! 1-0

47 - Amazing longball for Lauber by Newton, but the shot's wasted. Loughlin looks lost today, so Tevendale pops on.

This was an ugly win, no question. But it's one we'll definitely take, as it puts the hammer on the team that quite frankly is the most talented in the league. I accidentally clicked Leave Match without making a post-game talk. Shit shit shit. Good news - we now have 5 points on second place team, and a full 6 on 3rd place.

Another day, another Level 9 semi-pro vacancy linked to me. Another rejection.

1st vs Northfield Town (10th)
M: Phil Lindley/Joe Ward
AM: Patrick Lauber/Tom Schofield/Billy Akrigg
ST: Brian Haule

Despite their relatively low ranking, Northfield Town has won 3 of 5 away games, so they're not to be taken lightly.

It's pouring rain for this match, and I'm expecting a sloppy as hell game. Sure enough, nobody's getting anything going, and I chide the guys for their sloth at the break.

51 - Bertram and Tevendale slide on for Close and Schofield, who are the worst offenders. But before that happens, they score, of course. 0-1

I read the team the riot act, because that wasn't even an honest loss. That was pure crap. That's also our third home loss in five games, continuing our far too generous hospitality. Fortunately, we're still 5 points up on the 2nd and 3rd place teams. Coventry United lost spectacularly, and fire their manager as a result.

Mark Corbett wants out, so I just let him go.

$7.12k profit, board still delighted, Lee Craig still hated. I'm sorely tempted by the next opening at Level 9 - Epsom & Ewell. They're mistakenly entered in the database as the E's, even though they're really the Salts. Epsom Salts, don't you know. Cool logo, and underachieving team. Semipro. Another Level 9 team is in the drop, so no to them.

I no comment the Epsom job, even though I'm the favorite, it turns out. The Inkberrow board takes it as a positive sign that I've said nothing.

1st @Paget (14th)

In which we hope to bounce back from last time's stinkfest.

3 - I play the revenge card in pre-game, and Schofield responds by passing to Loughlin, who goes to Haule, who in turn scorches a pass down the middle of the box for a caught up Schofield and the early strike. 1-0

36 - Waste of a great clearance by Newton, too. 1-1

We can still win, guys. BELIEVE!!!

53 - 1-2

59 - Haule is alone on the right side of the box, but he crosses it to Schofield fore the sneaky shot and goal instead. 2-2

61 - PK! SCHOFIELD WITH THE HAT TRICK!!! Now I'll point out that earlier in the game, Bertram came in at DL for awful Kay. 3-2

63 - Yeah, okay. Haule was offsides.

72 - Tevendale in for tired Loughlin

76 - Look, Haule, when a goalie kicks the ball at you, you're not supposed to shank the gimme.

We should have won by a bigger margin, but we'll graciously accept Tom Schofield's first season hat trick and big comeback win. 3 points means an 8 point lead on the 3rd and 4th place teams. Technically 7 points ahead of 2nd place Polesworth, but they have game in hand on us.

Doug Ford is released on a free after he complains.

Transfer In: GK Joe McLoughlin - 24 - 1/4.5
Backup goalie finally.

Transfer In: DLRC Jordan Street - 24
DC - 4.5/5
DL - 1.5
DR - 1.5

Insisted on being a key player, and will probably be a starting DC next to Anthony Newton.

1st @ Leamington Hibernian (13th)
D: James Kay/Jordan Street/Anthony Newton/Mark Bertram
M: Joe Ward/Brian Close/Phil Lindley
AM: Tom Schofield

Lot of buildup to this one. The media asks me about Hibernian's manager, and I try to be supportive of the embattled colleague. Only the newspaper reports it as I trashed him, which miffs him, and causes a response of saying we're way overachieving. I'm just like, "...No. We'll prove you wrong, too." (Even though they're favored for some odd reason).

1 - Immediate impact is immediate. Street kicks the corner perfectly to Newton, and in it goes!! 1-0

40 - Despite my frustrations with his constant misses of easy shots, my heart always sinks when Haule's hurt, and here he's out. Tevendale in his place, but there's no question we play worse without our Tanzanian.

49 - 1-1

61 - Street moves out to DL and Rowbotham comes in at DC.

70 - Unbelievable miss, indeed. Fortunately, it was opponents who blew it.

79 - Thanks for the own goal gift! The defender got flustered on the corner kick pressure, and sent it wrong way. 2-1

83 - A series of passes out of a throw-in culminates in Tevendale shooting a perfect ball to space for a wide open Ward and the winsome double! 3-1

7.5 for Anthony Newton, 7.9 for Joe Ward, as we win the war of words! 7 point lead on 2nd place team (game in hand for them though), 9 point lead on 3rd place squad.

I forgot to say something at the post-game team talk again. Stupid Izulde. Break time, I guess.

8 games left for most teams...

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote