View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 05:36 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 May - Here let me show you the current map, the war with the Mamluks, and also what I am thinking and where to expand right now as Venice is at war with Knights/Cyprus

This is the map right now, and you can see our army and navy off the coast to it’s west, as the Turks are taking their stuff in the levante and have just captured their capital. With a 99% warscore, I suspect they’ll call it here soon.

I order 4000 troops in Athens.

Now I want to move into nearby Greek provinces in the Aegean Sea as well as move int the Mediterranean. Right now, Venice is at war with The Knights and Cyprus, and neither have been assaulted. Neither have been sieged yet, and they have their armies over on Naxos and Negroponte and have captured them. As you can see, the nearby islands of Corfu, Naxos, as well as others are now Venetian, as well as their big land presence in Bohemia. I want to cut them off now, as they are tired from over-expansion, before they get too big for my three-province nation to handle.

I have two options:

1. Wait until Venice hits the armies of the two island nations, and then declare war on them, and move into Cyprus and Rhodes prior to Venice, and then siege them and take them off the map. Use the additional firepower and economic muscle for a later war with Venice for things like Corfu, Crete, Naxos, and Negroponte
2. Attack Venice right now while they are weak. They just lost a naval engagement against Cyprus in the Aegean. Attack them, blitz the nearby nations of Crete and such, and do so while the Turks are finishing up the battle with the Mamluks. Then I can focus on this war as they finish on their big one.

Which makes sense right now? By the by, I have a good economy due to around 8 or 9 cash a month for the Ottomans due to war subsides and the money I was getting for helping them embrace the Renaissance. Now that the latter is over, my current cash is dropping around 1.5 cash monthly, but I have such big reserves that I’ll be fine.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-17-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote