View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #400
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Isn’t this just the norm though? And I know that they had 11 wins last year. But really it seems you can pencil them in at a minimum 12-4 record every year.
Last year (and most years since '07) they had some glaring weaknesses early on. I guess TE and OL depth still is, (and maybe Pittsburgh is secretly a 6-10 team), but the defense is the best it's been since '03/'04 & Wynn looked great at LT. And then we're adding Antonio Brown to the mix?!?

Next week could be odd since @Miami has been where weird shit happens for awhile, plus Flores might have tricks with his familiarity, but it's hard to see us not opening in the rarely seen -14+ range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I thought it was weak because they were an expected bad team playing not to lose. If you lose, who cares? At least this year. New coach, new QB. Take some chances.
I was a lot more onboard with that decision than kicking a FG at 24-9 or an XP at 24-15. I know we all think Arizona won't be in the playoff mix, but yeah a tie is still better than a loss. (I guess the FO odds simulator was in favor of going for it by 0.4%, so it's really an either/or decision.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I think Tennessee hires Matt Campbell from Iowa State.
Why would he want to take the step down?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote